Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Can I Back Up My Website or Blog with Mozy?
Do you have a personal website or blog you'd like to keep backed up? Check out the most recent blog post for more information on how to do it...

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
This months webinar on 07/26 will show you how to create a client configuration within the Administrator Console that you can push to your users. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
NickD
Elite Level 2
(20)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Back-up after using skype

Hi, I've noticed that the next back-up after using Skype takes about an hour vs a normal 10-15 min. When I check the progress it is Skype files Mozy is backing-up. I know Mozy does not back-up applications so I assume it's the data files. But what data? This seems to be a new event as I don't recall Mozy taking so long in the past & I've been using Skype for some time now.

Thanks for any explanation of this, Nick.

JaredG
(500)

Re: Back-up after using skype

@NickD

I can see that you have the entire AppData folder selected for backup which contains program data which is mostly unusable data except usually browser book marks / favorites. 

Personally I would remove the AppData folder completely from backup using the "File System" tab in the Mozy settings, then in the "Backup Sets" tab there should be a backup set for book marks or favorites for your browser that you can select for backup so that only book marks or favorites are backed up in the AppData folder.  I hope this is helpful.

Here are some links with instructions on how to use the "FileSystem" and "Backup Sets" tabs in the Mozy settings.

Please post any question or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(47)

@NickD

Have you had any success with de-selecting AppData? Let us know when possible.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

NickD
Elite Level 2
(20)

Will do, Nick.

angelag
Community Manager
(954)

@NickD,

I'd like to add one thing to the above recommendation that you deselect the AppData folder. There are occasionally some important files in AppData that you may choose to backup, for example, that is typically where the default Outlook.pst file is stored. So if you need to back up Outlook, or something specific from AppData (Outlook, Intuit, etc.) you will want to go in and make sure just those things are properly selected from the AppData location. You just don't need the entire AppData folder selected.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
NickD
Elite Level 2
(20)

Thanks Angela for the info. Will let you know, Nick.

angelag
Community Manager
(954)

@NickD,

You're very welcome, please let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Angela G.
angelag
Community Manager
(954)

Hi @NickD,

Just checking in, any luck with the provided information/steps? Is there anything further we can assist you with?

Angela G.
JaredG
(500)

Like Angela was mentioning there before there are sometimes important data saved in the App Data folder, so you do want to be careful not miss any data that you may need in the is folder.  Typically most of the data in the App Data folder is not usable user data.  Some times Outlook PST database files are saved here which is one of the common usable data files some times saved here.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
NickD
Elite Level 2
(20)
Solution

Hey guys, all worked well - back-up only 10 min now after using Skype. Thanks so much for your help, Nick.