Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
JennyLucia
Assassin
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Allowing Mozy Home To Change Hardware On My Computer

I keep getting messages popping up in a box asking me if i will authorize Mozy to make changes to my computer's hardware.  With all the scams going on I want to make sure this is Mozy.  And if it is Mozy, I want to know what I would be authorizing them to do on my hard drive. I do not want to automatically be upgraded to a paying plan.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)
Solution

Re: Allowing Mozy Home To Change Hardware On My Computer

@JennyLucia

So long as it shows our digital signature then you are fine. Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

ScottS1
(105)

@JennyLucia

We have not heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved soon. Was the solution I provided helpful?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JennyLucia
Assassin
(8)

As I said in my original question  I keep getting messages popping up in a box asking me if i will authorize Mozy to make changes to my computer's hardware.  With all the scams going on I want to make sure this is Mozy.  And if it is Mozy, I want to know what I would be authorizing them to do on my hard drive. I do not want to automatically be upgraded to a paying plan.

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@JennyLucia

Were sorry for any confusion here.  When Mozy asks to make changes to your computer all it's doing is attempting to update the Mozy backup software.  No changes to your account are made without logging into Mozy.com.  I hope this answers your question.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(105)

@JennyLucia

Were we able to answer your concerns? Did you have any other questions we can address? We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

JaredG
(454)

@JennyLucia

Just let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@JennyLucia

We haven't heard from you in about a week.  Were all of your questions answered?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@JennyLucia

Since we have not heard from you in over a week and we feel that a solution was provided, I have marked this thread as solved.

However if you have any questions in the future please come back to the Mozy community any time.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps