Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ohdee
Spy
(0)

2Q About Moving Files to new computer- Are files Here Free of Viruses & Malware

1.  My desktop (with Vista) wouldn’t open after I clicked my profile - at 1 point I clicked f2 & f12 buttons and found myself on a black screen with a tiny message that my version of Windows was invalid. (?)  Since my computer was so old, I decided to buy another one.

Before my computer died, I received messages from Malwarebytes that it was unable to update; same thing with Norton Anti-virus.

I’m concerned if I download my files from Mozy, is it possible I might be downloading a bad file from my computer that was saved at Mozy? With a virus or malware). 

2.  I’ve been reading posts about transferring all files from an old computer to a new one. I’m not clear about something, though. When files are transferred, where do they go? Are they all put in C:  ?  I’m going from a computer with Vista to one with Win10.

Thank you..

0 Reps
ohdee
Spy
(0)

Re: 2Q About Moving Files to new computer- Are files Here Free of Viruses & Malware

I don’t know how to edit my posts - sorry for responding to my own post. 

Please disregard my second question- I found the answer. 

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(228)

Re: 2Q About Moving Files to new computer- Are files Here Free of Viruses & Malware

Mozy stores what ever data you have sent us. So it is indeed possible that the files sent are bad. More likely there is something wrong with your computer (and thus the files are fine). Now, one reason this may be happening is Microsoft no longer puts out patches for Windows Vista, and as such many programs, ours included, are no longer compatible with that old Operating System. Now the programs may still work for a while regardless. I would advise updating your version of Windows in that case, which may help with the other issues. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

@ohdee

Did Benjamin answer all your questions?

(Mozy will restore any data that was selected for backup wheather it had a virus or not, all depending on your backup selection of your files in the Mozy settings.)

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

@ohdee

Did you have any other questions regarding your first concern? Let us know when possible. We will be marking this thread as resolved shortly.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

@ohdee

Were we able to answer all your questions?  If not the please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps