Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
bootsie40
Elite Level 1
(15)
Solved (Go to Solution)

mac back up

My mac has recently died and it may have to be started from scratch which means I may lose everything! I sadly haven't backed up for ages using mozy pro as it was playing up.  Does anyone know if there is a way to back it up via mozy even tho the mac is in repair?

thanks 

ScottS1
(136)

Re: mac back up

@bootsie40

This is an excellent question. I'm assuming that you actually mean restoring your data from quite some time ago. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Log into https://secure.mozy.com
  2. After you log in, click on Restore Files to the right of the machine name (Only if you land at the Account Pages)
  3. If you land at the Synced and Devices page, just click the checkmark to the left of the machine name and "Download All Files"
  4. Choose the recommended option to install the Restore Manager
  5. Then download the .mzd file
  6. Now open the .mzd file with Restore Manager and you can restore data from the old PC

I hope this was helpful!

P.S. If you mean to backup files even while the computer is being repaired, this can only be achieved with a valid internet connection, a successful login to Mac OS X, and a power source. Otherwise, Mozy cannot backup automatically.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
bootsie40
Elite Level 1
(15)

Thanks for your reply Scott.  I actually mean backing up files that haven't been backed up before, like recent files im scared of losing if my mac can't be repaired!!

Cheers

Steve  

angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

@bootsie40,

Unfortunately if you didn't back it up, and the machine is no longer active and available, there isn't a way to get the files backed up from it. You'd have to be able to select the files through the Mozy backup software and upload them from the machine in order to do so.

If your machine still is in work-able condition at the moment, you may be able to do that, but if it's not functioning at all there is not any way for Mozy to do it.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
bootsie40
Elite Level 1
(15)

I thought as much, thanks anyway

angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@bootsie40,

You're welcome, fingers crossed you wont lose anything. We're rooting for you.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@bootsie40 - Please let us know if you need any additional help and thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps