Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Trying to Install on MacBook Air.

I am trying to install the software on my MacBook Air (Version 10.11.3).  When I get to the point it asks for a user name and password, when I put in my Mozy password, it just wiggles and won't let me go further.  Advice?

ConorF
(8)
Solution

Re: Trying to Install on MacBook Air.

Hi, it sounds like the Mac itself may be asking permission to install Mozy. Can you please try entering your Mac login credentials to that box? Let us know how it goes!

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(387)

Ya. If it it wiggles that is a good indicator that it is the OS asking for permission. Let us know how that works for you.

Zach M.
Community Manager
Benjamin_C
(120)

Hi! Did entering your Mac password work and do you have any other questions? Let us know!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(470)

@spaderbay

I still don't see the Mac backing up.  Did you still need help?

It  may be helpful to chat with support if you'd like.  Here is a link with instructions on how to chat with support:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(470)

@spaderbay

I see that the backup is working, however your account has just reached its storage limit and either you will need to de-select or remove files from the backup selection in the Mozy settings on the Windows computers or Mozy preferences on Mac's, or buy more storage space for your account.

The Mac on your account has 31 GBs backed up, but is attempting to backup 51.3 GBs.

One of the Windows computers is backing up about 8.3 GBs, and is attempting to backup the same amount of 8.3 GBs.

The other Windows computer on your account is using 10.9 GBs but hasn't backed up in over a year and the data from the last backup for this computer will remain on your account indefinitely as long as you don't delete the computer and your account stays current.

Here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to buy more storage on your account:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-can-I-add-additional-storage-space

Here is a link with instructions on how to add or remove files from the backup selection for both a Mac and a Windows operation system:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-select-files-for-backup.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
AngelinaS
(222)

@spaderbay   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

AngelinaS
(222)

@spaderbay   

Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

Tyler_W
(72)

@spaderbay Looks like you are still at risk for the backups to fail, due to there not being enough space on the account. Have you tried upgrading your plan or deselecting some files to make room? 

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
Tyler_W
(72)

@spaderbay

We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead