Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ajjones77
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restoring a large amount of data

Hi,

Our hard drive recently crashed so we had a new larger one installed.  I have gone through the steps to do a complete restore but it is taking forever.  I started on July 28th and it is now August 10th.  The Mozy Restore Manager seems to freeze or stop working often and I have to do a force quit and start all over again.  Just wondering how long this process usually takes and if this is normal to have problems like this with the Mozy Restore Manager.  I do have approx 261 GB of data to restore and it has only done 27 GB so far.  I don't see any of the files that it shows restored on my computer yet.  Do I have to wait until it is completely finished to see any of those files on my computer?  Any support or advice would be helpful at this point.  Otherwise I may have to pay to have the files transferred from our old hard drive to the new one which would make the money I have paid for subscription to Mozy useless.

Thanks 

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Re: Restoring a large amount of data

The speed of the download can alter depending on the speed of your ISP, what's running on your machine, etc. You'll see that fluctuate. This does sound like an extra long amount of time, have you checked your speed? You can go to speedtest.net to see what kind of download speeds you're getting, but keep in mind they'll also be influenced by what's running on the machine or any other machines in your network.

As for the Restore Manager, it sounds like something else is interfering with it or that you may have memory problems on the machine causing things to stall out. You may want to try a different method of restore, like an archive restore, if you can't get it to steadily run on your system.

You don't have to wait for it to finish entirely in order to see what it has restored so far, the files it has already downloaded will be on your system and you can access them.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ajjones77
Cook
(0)

Hi Angela,

Thanks for all the information.  I don't know why the restore manager continues to freeze up every time I use it.  Like I said we just installed a brand new larger hard drive that should make things quicker on our computer not slower.  And it continually freezes for no reason at all.  I may try the option you suggested like an archive restore.  And even though it shows that around 300,000 files have been restored I don't see a single one of those on my computer.  I just didn't think it should be this hard.  Especially after paying a monthly fee for so long for just this kind of situation.

But I do appreciate all the help and suggestions you've given me.

Thanks,

Angie

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(213)
Solution

If you are looking for the files restored onto your computer, sometimes they are on a new User folder. Here is some information about that:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Where-to-find-the-files-restored-through-the-Restore-Mana...

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(503)

@ajjones77

Were you able to find the restored files you were looking for?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@ajjones77

Just checking in! Did you have any other questions or were we able to answer your concerns?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(503)

@ajjones77

It's been 6 days since your last post.  Were you able to complete the restore?

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)

@ajjones77

We will now mark this thread as resolved. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps