Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
karenfrcr
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore

When I restore to a new computer, will restore delete any new files I have already created on the new computer?

ScottS1
(86)

Re: Restore

@karenfrcr

Thank you for reaching out. My sincerest apologies on the delay. As far as restoring you files, I recommend doing so at:

- https://secure.mozy.com

- You can then click on Restore Files at the Account Pages site

- Otherwise you'll land at Devices and Sycned off to the left

- Select the files and folder individually or all and download them

- You can name the restore, choose a restore date, then include deleted files for the most thorough restore

- Download the Restore Manager if necessary, then follow the steps to download the .mzd file

- Be sure to install the Restore Manager then after it's installed, open the .mzd file

At this point you can point the restore to a specific folder. Don't choose the original location because that is what will restore the files to C:\Users and will overwrite what is already there if it's the same PC. So I suggest just making a folder on your Desktop, then restoring the files to that folder. Then you can move them where you want and not risk them overwriting other files on your OS.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)
Solution

Hi @karenfrcr,

To expand on what @ScottS1 said, any method you use to restore your files should give you the option to "Overwrite" or "Rename" when downloading the files. This is so if any files encounter the same file, or same-named file on the system, you can either overwrite the older file with the newly downloaded file or rename the file you're downloading so you keep both copies.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
AngelinaS
(222)

@karenfrcr   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi @karenfrcr,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we're hoping that means this issue is resolved and we're going to mark it as such. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support