Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Restore backup from older date

I had to get a new  hard drive for my Mac (OS X El Capitan)  I thought the pictures were all downloaded from my old computer but I just realized I'm missing 3 years worth of photos.  Can I go back and get them from a date from before I got the new hard drive?  How do I do that?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

0 Reps
ScottS1
(136)
Solution

Re: Restore backup from older date

@cheriecarl22

Please note for MozyHome (Free) and regular home accounts we will only store backups for 30 days, at which point data is overwritten with the most up-to-date data. I would suggest logging into your account and following these directions:

- If you land at Account Pages, click on Restore Files to the right of the machine in question

- If you land at Devices and Synced off to the left you are in the right place, just click on Devices

- Click on the machine name in question

- Here you can locate your files in question by clicking into each folder in question

- In the upper-right corner, to the right of the four darker squares you will see an "Actions Pane" button

- Click that to "Change date..."

You may also use the search glass above as well to search for your files. But once again, note that 30 days is as far back as you can go for Free and Home accounts for your data to be retained.

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@cheriecarl22

Were you able to follow Scott's instructions and restore from an earlier date?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps

I need to go back to August 1 to do the restore in order to get my pictures back.  Is that possible?  The screen only allows me to got back to September.

Cherie

0 Reps
Telemachus
(61)

@cheriecarl22

I'm sorry, as a MozyHome customer, 30 days is as far back as you can go.

Best regards,

Telemachus,

Mozy Support

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@cheriecarl22

Please come back to the Mozy community any time and post.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps