Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
April's webinar will be presented on Wednesday, 04/26 at 9AM PDT. Sign up today!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
lem
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Problem downloading software onto a new computer

Just purchased a MacBook Air.  Went to my Mozy account to add this computer to the three already on our account.  Paid for a fourth computer and began the download process.  A popup asked for a password but didn't specify which password.  Tried the Mozy password, then the computer password.  Neither accepted.  Then a new popup told me I was not authorized to download software because I don't have administrator privileges.  Please advise on next steps.

Benjamin_C
(110)
Solution

Re: Problem downloading software onto a new computer

I see a fourth computer on your account. Were you able to get Mozy installed then? If not, you may have to reset your password:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Ive-forgotten-my-password

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(208)

@lem  Since the last message you received had to do with administrative privileges, that means you need to login to the computer as the administrator of the computer.  Then install.  The setup will ask for a password to allow changes to be made to the computer....that will be the computer password.  When you come to a screen that asks for the email address and password, that will be the Mozy login credentials.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

ScottS1
(33)

@lem

Have you had any success?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(622)

@lem,

It looks like we haven't received a response from you in a while, and it looks as if this issue may be resolved. We're going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved, but if you have any further questions or concerns don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(434)

@lem - Please let us know if you need any additional help and thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager