Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
babalu
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

My files are being duplicated on your server and eating up storage!

I registered to set up a phone appointment, waited an hour, set up another time, still no call..

My files are all duplicated on the Mozy server and I'm over my 125 GB because of that.

I'm 70+ and reasonably computer literate for my age, but do NOT understand the explanations given on this community board about "cleaning house" on the server.  Is there another way to get assistance?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Julius
(154)

Re: My files are being duplicated on your server and eating up storage!

@babalu

I've created a support case 01485232 for this issue. You should received an email shortly with the next steps on how to proceed. 

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
AllanH
(203)

Hello @babalu

Do you still need help on this?

Thanks!

babalu
Cook
(0)

We are working on it.  Thanks.  I'll let you know....

Julius
(154)
Solution

***Updating this thread with my findings from the case I've been working on with the customer***

Mozy is not duplicating files. There was a confusion on my when browsing through Backup sets on the restore site, some backup sets are listed more than once. E.g two "Address Book,” two "Apple Mail”, etc. See screen shot.

Backup Sets.PNG

The reason for multiple backup sets of the same category is because the files are coming from multiple users. E.g if a machine is backing up files from users A and B, they would have two backup sets of each category. Clicking on each backup set  and hovering the mouse over a file shows the user where the files are coming from.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@Julius - Thank you for posting an update to this forum question. 

@babalu - Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be happy to help!

Have a great day!

Shawn

Shawn L.
Community Manager
Julius
(154)

@babalu

More update on this. After looking into your Backup history, I saw a huge on April  14th 2016, you added 114,767 files. This spike was caused by iPhotos. Apple's the transition from iPhoto to Photos caused your issue. Photos is meant to replace both iPhoto and Aperture. Once Photos is downloaded to the computer, all pictures are migrated from iPhoto over to Photos. Essentially what happens though is the library is duplicated and not simply moved. In the user’s Pictures folder you now have a new “Photos Library.photoslibrary” and a the original iPhoto library is renamed to “iPhoto Library.migratedphotolibrary”. These should be roughly identical in size and  the same number of files. If you're backing up Photos, Mozy is now going to count that storage twice - because of iPhoto Library.migratedphotolibrary and Photos Library.photoslibrary which are duplicates of each other. To resolve the issue, remove iPhoto Library.migratedphotolibrary from the Mozy backup selection.  To do so follow these steps:

1. Open MozyHome preferences
  2. Click on Files and folders
  3. Navigate and locate the iPhoto Library.migratedphotolibrary and deselect  it.
  4. Next time the backup runs that will be removed from our servers.

Let's know if you've any questions. Thank you for using Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer