Click to close the image preview
Installed new hard disk after crash. Need to restore my files. Latest MozyHome is for OS X 10.7+ but my old MAC has 10.6.8.
Now it's the moment for Mozy to show what it's good for
Where can I download a version that works with OS X 10.6?
The latest version of Mozy supports Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8 and 10.7 and even some older version will work, however OS X 10.6 is not supported because the extremely old versions of Mozy that once worked with 10.6 will not work with our servers anymore.
Please post any other questions or comments.
So here are the dilemmas:
1. How can I restore the data stored on Mozy with my 10.6.8 Mac after hd crash?
2. Going forward, I'd have to abandon Mozy?
@rbenjacob You can restore the files as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Create-
This will restore the files from the Mozy servers to your computer. However, since we no longer support OS 10.6, you will not be able to use Mozy for a backup solution unless you upgrade your operating system to a supported version http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Which-o
If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.
Do you mean it is a hardware limitation on upgrading your OS to a latter version? Have you consulted perhaps with Apple Care to see if they could do a clean install of a modern version, such as OS X Mavericks, Sierra, or even El Capitan?
That's very unfortunate and we're sad to hear it! Unfortunately since Apple itself no longer supports that version of their own operating system, we cannot support it either as we cannot get support for upgrades and security protocols as it is too outdated. We hope you'll be able to upgrade your computer in the future and use Mozy again with a newer machine and operating system.
nevertheless, it appears that restoring my files isn't working properly.
(1) per your instructions, there is no link to your restore program, not on the link you provided neither on mozy website.
(2) i tried restoring directly from the site. I have three folders but only one was successful. for the other two, the smallest and the largest, the restore function generated bad zip file which also looked too small to include all files. i tried restoring on my mac and on linux machines with the same bad results
(3) apparently mozy supports linux (a version of ubuntu) but only for business subscribers
Unfortunately since the version of OS you are using is non-supported, it is also non-supported for restoring either. The compressed archives or Instant Download may be your only options that could work, but even then we can't guarantee functionality since Apple no longer provides relevant updates for that version of their OS.
I did check your list of archive restores and they do show here as being fully built and they have full functionality on this end, so if they aren't extracting on the machine it is likely an issue with your extraction software or the download losing connection.