Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
jbashkow
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy stopped working iMac

Even though I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. my iMac (High Sierra), Mozy still will not work anymore.  I've used Mozy since 2009 (ok, with plenty of hiccups now and then), but as of 2 weeks ago all of a sudden, it will not connect with the Mozy servers anymore.  I can log onto Mozy thru my web browser and download previously saved files, no problem, connect with iCloud, surf the internet, etc. no problems.  But despite many manual starts to backing up - just churns away for hours on "Updating File List" then dies and won't connect.  I can't even get the chat support to respond, you click on the button and nothing happens.   Is anyone also frustrated like this???  thx, -jack

0 Reps
JaredG
(782)

Re: Mozy stopped working iMac

@jbashkow

Some times the "Chat" button doesn't work depending on your browsers settings and age (may be out of date).  Just use a different browser next time you attempt to contact support through Mozy Chats.

I see one successful backup from yesterday, but all other backups report the connection error.

Also I see that you are using an older version of Mozy that needs to be updated which may be apart of this problem.

Here is a link to the latest version of Mozy for Mac for Mozyhome accounts.

One you update, attempt another backup. 

Let us know if that works.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

@jbashkow

Just checking in. Did you have any additional questions we can help answer?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
jbashkow
Student
(0)
Solution

Scott, since I did the opposite of what you had suggested, namely I uninstalled the 2.16 version and went back to 2.15, my iMac High Sierra's backup seems to be back on track.  Perhaps you can let me know when you think it might be safe to "upgrade" again?  thanks,  -jack

0 Reps