Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ACC
Assassin
(9)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Backup suddenly stopped in the middle of a backup. Help!

Anyone know what to do?   Any ideas?

It has backed up 375 out of 395 files and now isn't looking like it is backing up anymore.  

If I pause it, will the 375 backed up files go to Mozy if I have to scrub my hard drive?   Thoughts?

God bless you,

Amy

Tyler_W
(72)

Re: Mozy Backup suddenly stopped in the middle of a backup. Help!

@ACC It appears that the backup eventually finished. It's possible that the files that the client was working on were large, so it appeared stuck when it actually wasn't. But I am showing everything is looking good on our side now! Also when it comes to stopping the backup, to ensure the integrity of the backup it must complete before those files are successfully backed up on our side. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
JaredG
(418)

@ACC

It appears as if the Mac with about 172 GBs has not backed up since Friday, July 22nd, but the other computer with about 20 GBs has been backing up.  Have you been on this computer over the weekend and yesterday?  If  you have any questions please post in the community any time.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ACC
Assassin
(9)

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your question.  I have not been on the computer until yesterday as it was getting repaired. (The Mac needed a new bracket)   I will now be looking into downloading all of my files back onto the computer, since the Genius Barristas had to erase my hard drive to fix it.  

It was as you had guessed about the "pause" in the first  back-up question.  It was a few 10 minute videos of Lego creations that were causing the back-up to take so long.   

It took @16 hours to back-up that time, but I was glad I never paused it, since the computer was acting wonky and sometimes would randomly shut down and not start up.  Lucky for me, my prayers were answered and the computer stayed on and running long enough to download everything.  A couple of hours later, it went off and I never could get it back on.

Thanks,

Amy

JaredG
(418)

@ACC

Have you tried to restore any data yet?  Here is a link to the Mozy knowledge base with instructions on how to run a web restore for all files.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(449)

@ACC - Thanks for the update! Please let us know if we can help in any way with your restore or reinstalling Mozy on your hard drive. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
Tyler_W
(72)

@ACC Looking at your restores, I am showing that you have not yet had a successful one yet. Have you tried restoring again since the first? 

Tyler W.
AngelinaS
(211)
Solution

@ACC  I am checking to see if you were successful in downloading all the previously backed up files to your repaired computer.  My system does not show there has been a full successful restore.  i see a few files were restored using the instant download process, but it is not all your files you had backed up.  

To restore all files:
1. login to Mozy.com
2. from the Account Home page, click on Restore Files in the left column
3. or from the Devices page, click on your computer name that you need to restore from.
4. click on change date, located under Actions, to a date you want to restore from (usually last good backup date before new backups ran.) *This is usually done if a backup occurred before the restore of your files.
5. put a check mark in the box next to / folder 
6. click on restore all files, located under Actions. you may need to click on the far right box to open the Actions box
7. follow the restore wizard instructions, install restore manager and begin download.

Since you have had recent backups, you have 30 days from the date of first backup of this computer to restore the files.  Otherwise, they will be permanently removed from the Mozy servers.

I also see you have 1 percent of the previous total of files being backed up.  This could be due to not having the files restored, or they have not been re-selected for backup.  This link explains how to select files for backup on your Mac:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-files-to-backup-on-a-Mac

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

Tyler_W
(72)

@ACC Still not seeing a successful restore here. Have you followed @AngelinaS's steps to start a restore?

Tyler W.
AngelinaS
(211)

@ACC