Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
bmachmozy
Assassin
(10)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Masive Log File

I would like to delete a massive 149 GB "log" file that is on my computer from Mozy. When I attempt to do so, it tells me the file is in use. Do I need this file? What is it? How can I get rid of it? 

ScottS1
(86)

Re: Masive Log File

@bmachmozy

Can you tell me which file you are referring to? Can you give the path:

- e.g. Library/Documents/File

Regards,

Scott
Mozy Support

bmachmozy
Assassin
(10)

It is in Library/Logs.

JaredG
(654)
Solution

@bmachmozy

Are you unable to access the logs in the Library folder?  Can you access the folder using Finder or can you see the log file in the Mozy settings / preferences in the "Files and Folders" tab?

If you can locate the file in the Mozy preferences then you can click on the file and choose "Don't backup" or the minus symbol Remove from Backupto remove it from the backup selection, or the plus symbol Add to Backupto add a file or folder to the backup selection

Here is a link with instructions on how files are selected for backup in the Mozy settings on a Mac.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(86)

@bmachmozy

Let us know if de-selecting files seems to help the log file. It wouldn't be wise to delete it per-say, but to first de-select as recommended by Jared. Let us know if the file changes in conjunction with your file selection.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi @bmachmozy,

Have you had a chance yet to try the solutions posted by the techs above? Please let us know how it went, and if you have any further questions or concerns. If we don't hear from you in a while, we'll mark this thread as solved.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
AngelinaS
(222)

@bmachmozy   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

HI @bmachmozy,

It seems we have not heard back from you in some time, we're hoping this means that the issue is resolved and we're going to mark the thread as such. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support