Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Doddster
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mac OSX 10.12 Support

Does the current version of Mozy Home support Macintosh OSX 10.12?

remymozy
(95)
Solution

Re: Mac OSX 10.12 Support

@Doddster

I'm running MacOS Sierra (10.12) with MozyPro and MozyHome and my backups for the past few days since upgrading are running as normal without any errors in the logs or my backup history. 

Mozy for Mac is working on 10.12. We'll have an official knowledgebase article on this shortly when full compatibility testing has been done.

jicho
Elite Level 2
(23)

Mozy Home is behaving strange here... I the backup keeps saying that it is finishing, but never finishes according to the text in the GUI.

On the account page I do have a message that the backup was a succes, when I start a manual backup I never finishes (as described above)

ADICorp
Student
(0)

Same here about the finishing thing.

Also Sync is on a loop of crashing and restarting always saying it is connecting.

angelag
Community Manager
(1052)

Hi @Doddster & @jicho,

I double checked on this, and macOS 10.12 Sierra has been released GA and is supported. It looks like nothing has changed too dramatically with the software so there wasn't an update necessary with Mozy.

However, sometimes when doing an inline upgrade of your OS, it can sometimes cause a problem with the way Mozy is installed, which may require an uninstall/reinstall to fix. If you're having problems that started directly after upgrading your OS, you'll most likely want to run the uninstall/reinstall to ensure that the Mozy program has all the files it needs properly installed and running on the new operating system.

To do an uninstall/reinstall on your mac, see: How to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall on a Mac

Note: You will have to re-select your files following those instructions. If you are concerned about that you can try skipping step 3 in the above article to try saving them. If they're not corrupted then it should be fine to keep the box checked for "Keep configuration and log files" in the uninstall process.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ADICorp
Student
(0)

Thank you for the quick reply.

Mozy was installed on a fresh MacOS Sierra installation, was not installed before the upgrade.

But, just in case, I did a reinstall and same issue.

angelag
Community Manager
(1052)

@ADICorp,

Hm, I'm sorry to hear that. It's possible that it's something unrelated and local to your machine, so I'm going to create a case and reach out to you to ask for your log files so I can investigate further. You should see that case/email shortly.

However, it's possible it is related, so @jicho please let me know if you try and still see the same issue.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(582)

@Doddster

Has your question been answered?  So far I have not run into any major issues with Mac OS 10.12.  

However please post any other questions you might have or mark the appropriate post as the solution.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(582)

@jicho  Are you still having the same problem?  

Have you tried using the instructions Angela posted(How to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall on a Mac)?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ADICorp
Student
(0)

Thank you for the support, but I just went another route.

I just setup my ownCloud service to use as my cloud solution.

But I did use your service for a couple clients of mine. They love the service.