Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the contest blog post for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Back Up Those Summer Vacation Photos
Want to make sure that your precious vacation memories are safely and securely backed up to your account? Follow the steps in the latest blog post to ensure that they are...
property...

Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Issue with configure MozyPro after install

I am trying to install MozyPro on my new MacBook Pro 2015 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.3. I keep getting the same error message using the latest version of MozyPro or a previous version. The install process works fine but after it gets installed and you try and configure it using your product key etc... It keeps telling me:

Invalid config downloaded

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later or contact us at http://mozy.com

I have tried removing my user, changing PW etc.. with nothing seems to work for me. I was previously on a PC before I got this new MacBook Pro and had no issues with it.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

AngelinaS
(222)

Re: Issue with configure MozyPro after install

@propertypal   I am sorry to hear you are having trouble installing Mozy onto your new Mac.  This link explains the error and how to resolve it:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Invalid-config-downloaded

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

property...

Student
(0)

@AngelinaS Many thanks for your help but sadly the link that you send me fails to fix the issue that I am having. I followed the steps outlined in the link and the same error still occurs when trying to configure MozyPro 2.13.8.

Thanks

JaredG
(587)
Solution

@propertypal

Thanks for the screen shot.  It looks like you may need to uninstall Mozy and reinstall without saving the configuration when prompted to keep it.  

Also when it asks or if it asks for the product key then you don't want to use this option if presented and you should be able to go back a step or two and just use your user email and password which will then give you the option to add or replace your computer.

Choose the replace option for the existing computer once reinstalled.

I hope this answers your question, however please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
property...

Student
(0)

@JaredG I have done what you said but sadly again this does not fix my issue. The same error message still appears when I am using my username & password instead of the product key.

So I tried the product key again in the off chance that might work but still not working. I found out the location of the log file for MozyPro which I have attached to this message. I am not sure if the log file will help to figure out what might be going wrong for me.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Benjamin_C
(167)

Are you using the same 'user' that you were when you were backing up the PC? I would suggest making a new 'User' profile, and backup the computer with those credentials. (After doing a full uninstall and re-install, and making sure the configuration file is fully uninstalled from your computer before re-installing Mozy). Assuming this works, you would start a backup, and when ready, you can 'delete' the old pc from your account to free up space. (I wouldn't do that until your sure all of your data is backed up or saved). 

If this all doesn't work, consider making a case with us at Support via following this article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-contact-Support

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
property...

Student
(0)

@Benjamin_C Yes I have tried several times by creating a new user using my current email address and a new one. I have already removed my old computer (my pc) to free up the overall backup usage in our MozyPro account. By using the product key or just entering my MozyPro username & password. Both of these methods does not work for me. Each time I did completely remove MozyPro from my MAC and reinstalled it without the old configuration settings. I am just at a dead end on what to do next to fix the issue. I have used mac's before on and off but now I am using it day in day out now. I was hoping by me sending you my MozyPro log file in my last message it might have been something in it.

I will contact Mozy support using the link that you have provided.

many thanks for taking the time in trying to help to fix the issue that I am having.

JaredG
(587)

@propertypal

If you have uninstalled without saving the configuration, then to fix this problem you need to create a new user on your account in the admin console.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-add-a-machine-to-my-MozyPro-account

Once you create the new user then go to search list users and click on the user email and in the box that opens below there is a change user password link at the top where you will need to create a user password.  (Uncheck "Temporary" password) then try to authenticate the Mac again.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
PTNubs
(272)

@propertypal, I see that you have a Windows computer that has been successfully backing up for some time now.

Are you still having issues with the backup software on your Mac?

Peter M
Community Moderator
JaredG
(587)

@propertypal

We haven't heard back from you yet and as PTNubs has pointed out and have marked this thread as solved.  However if you still need assistance please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support