Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Cethan_L...

Employee

(22)

Installing MozyHome For Mac

This tutorial explains how to install the MozyHome client software on a Mac computer.

STEPS:

1. First, sign up for MozyHome on the Mozy website (For more information, watch the tutorial, How to Register for MozyHome).
  2. When you receive the email containing confirmation details, follow the link provided. You are routed the MozyHome website where you can download the MozyHome client for Mac.
  3. When the download is complete, a window appears containing the Mozy installer. double-click the installer.
  4. When asked if you want to run this file, click Continue.
  5. Read the introduction and click Continue.
  6. Read the system requirements and click Continue.
  7. Read the license agreement and click Continue and click Agree.
  8. Select the destination for the software to saved to and click Continue.
  9. Click Change Install Location if you wish to change the location of install. If satisfied, click Install. You may be asked for permission to install the MozyHome program. If so, fill in your details. The installation begins.
  10. Once complete, you may be asked for your account details. Enter the email address and password you provided at registration.
  11. Choose the type of Encyption Key you wish to use (It is recommended that you choose the MozyHome key) Click Next.
  12. Click Next to complete the set up process.

Please note: This tutorial is not intended as a forum thread but rather to provide support through the video and documentation within. Please post any questions in the support community.

Comments
MrBill
Villager

(2)

How do I transfer my Mozy account from my Dell Laptop to my IMac? I am retiring the laptop.

Jamesde
Employee

(85)

by MrBill on 09-28-2011 06:54 PM  How do I transfer my Mozy account from my Dell Laptop to my IMac? I am retiring the laptop. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read through the following Knowledge Base article for detailed instructions on migrating from your Mac to a PC. Although you cannot replace your computer with a computer of a different platform, you can restore files from one platform to another. Mozy suggests that you perform a DVD restore for greatest compatibility. To restore your files using the Web Restore option please follow the steps below: 1. Add another machine to your account. 2. Download MozyHome for PC on your new PC, you can find it here: MozyHome iconDownload MozyHome 3. Request a web restore of the files you had backed up with your Mac: a) Log in to your account at https://mozy.com/login. b) Click My Computer. c) Click Restore Files. d) On the top right hand corner, click the calendar icon and select a date. e) Click on the Browse button, select the files you would like to restore and then click Submit. f) Download the restore manager and follow setup instructions. g) Save the files to a different location such as your desktop. 4. Once you have downloaded all your files from the restore, delete the old machine from your account: a) Select My Computer. b) Click Delete next to the computer you want to remove. c) Enter your password, and then click the Delete Machine button. This computer is removed from your account. If you do not need to restore your files from your Mac to your PC please follow the steps below: 1. Log in to your account at https://mozy.com/login. 2. Delete the old machine from your account. 3. Select My Computer, and then click Delete next to the computer you want to remove. 4. Enter your password, and then click the Delete Machine button. This computer is removed from your account. 5. Download MozyHome for PC on your new PC, you can find it here: MozyHome icon Download MozyHome 6. Follow the steps to install Mozy. 7. Your new machine will now be associated with your account. For more information about getting started with Mozy, see (MozyHome / MozyPro).  I hope that helps! Thanks again for choosing Mozy! James
MrBill
Villager

(2)

Jamesde--thanks for the response.  Your directions are for migrating from a Mac to a PC.  However, I am doing just the opposite; I am migrating from a PC to a Mac.  Will your instructions apply with this type of migration?

MozyBrianW
Employee

(311)

The steps are the same either way. You will still want to make sure you currently have all data either restored or still on your computer, delete the current machine from your account, and then install again from http://www.mozy.com/home/download. 

paulcgibbs
Villager

(0)

I am also retiring my PC but do not need to swap files over - I just need to start a fresh with my MAC - so I will lose my current files on Mozy which is ok. Do i simply intall mozy to my Mac and set it up?

Jamesde
Employee

(85)

@paulcgibbs,

If you have no need to restore your previously backed up files, then the easiest thing would be to just delete the old PC machine from your account page online, and then install the MozyHome client on your new MAC.

James

jozef

Visitor
I am replacing my pc with a Mac, which contains  Windows 7 in it.
I am not planning on using the pc any more.
I want to utilize MozyHome in my Mac.
jozef
MozyClientError15

The connection to the MozyHome server was lost before the backup completed.

To resolve this issue:

1. Perform the backup again.
  2. If the error persists, contact Technical Support at support.mozy.com and attach the following file to your Support Case: For Windows: C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data\mozy.log For Mac: /Library/Logs/mozy.log.

Platforms do not match
The selected computer cannot be replaced because it is a different platform than your new computer.
If this is a mistake please contact us at http://mozy.com.

KathleenCooper

Visitor

I have installed 2.6 Mozy.  I believe I have done that right.  However I have not seen the list of files I choose to copy for Mozy to work.

Shayna

Visitor

I have had mozy for a number of years. A few months ago it stopped backing up so I re-installed it. It worked for a few weeks now it won't backup again (automatically or manually). I can't figure out how to get any help, you have a ridiculously user-unfriendly website. Please contact me with information about how to permanently fix the problem or how to cancel my subscription and get my money back. 

vincent pucciarelli

Visitor

I have uninstalled Mozy as suggested on your website because Mozy was not  backing up my files. I cannot find Mozy software on my hard drive. What musy I do.

Vincent Pucciarelli

Bob Rosenberry

Visitor

Hi Mozy,

Suddenly, Mozy Home is no longer working automatically the way it did in the past.  I have the most recent version, and I have been through the preferences a dozen times.  Where do I find the basic document for setting up and using Mozy.  I'm looking for the type of information that traditionally appeared in manuals.

I'm a Mac guy using the Mountain Lion operating system.

Thanks, Bob Rosenberry

jbashkow
Villager

(0)

Since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, my Mozy stopped uploading and was stuck on "updating files," and wasn't doing any backups. I made sure that Mozy was on its latest version, restarted my computer, etc. Nothing helped. So I figured I would try the uninstall then re-install of Mozy. Unfortunately, Mountain Lion will now only let you use the App Store to download and install software (doesn't allow the MozyHome 2.7.0 to install), but Mozy isn't on the App Store (yet???). What do I do now??? Thanks, -jack
jbashkow
Villager

(0)

Sorry, just changed my Preferences for Security so that I could indeed download MozyHome 2.7.0, after all. Unfortunately, it still seems to be stuck on "Updating File List," ugh....

JoAnn Farnsworth

Visitor

I want to add my new apple air to my account

how do I do that

Doctor_dave999

Visitor

I had the same issue with Mozy "getting stuck". I have a new MacBook Pro with Moiuntain Lion. 

I am not sure Mozy is compatible with Mountain Lion yet.  They don't list it in the list of O.S.'s on their website-only previous versions. Anybody know if Mozy Home works with Mountain Lion

DF Wiggins

Visitor

I have a MacBook pro running Mac OS X , version 10.7.4.  Mozy has been installed but first backup stops  with only about 74 files  (1.1GB) out of about 20GB to be backed up.  Mozy say "sending" but nothing happens.  What now?

Comment on Thread
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.