Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Solved (Go to Solution)

First Back up on Mac - fails every time.

I have just spent a few incredibly frustrating hours trying to install and back up my Mac.

I haven't been able to back up my Windows desktop for several months and thought I would back up my mac instead and give up with the Windows laptop.

Same problem with the Mac - it just says "in progress" but never backs up anything. I am not technical and really don't know what else to do.

It cost me over £200 for 2 years. 1 year in and I still haven't managed to back anything up.

I have tried starting a "Chat" but the button won't "click". I have tried opening a "Case" but that button won't work either. So this seems to be my only chance of any help.

I think MOZY is the biggest con ever and they won't have a penny more from my business. In fact reporting them to Trading Standards is going to be my next cause of action.......

Please help Mozy.

jonr
(41)

Re: First Back up on Mac - fails every time.

I show that the Mac on your account has uploaded 3.2 GB of data today and while in progress should continue to upload data. As far as the Chat and Case buttons, if they are not allowing you to click on them you will need to use a different web browser or very likely enable Java in your current web browser.

Thanks,

Jonr

Hi - thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have 100GB to Back Up but stops with an "Unknown Error" having backed up 0.

Same with my PC over the last year.  Thought my Mac would be OK but same problem.

Java is up to date and enabled. Using Safari which is common for a Mac user.

Mozy website is slow. Can't now open a Case as it crashes when I click submit. Chat lines are now closed. No telephone support.

Clueless as to how to resolve.  Have tried backing up with no firewall just in case that was an issue.

Smiley Sad

Tyler_W
(72)

@mylittlefleur

That's quite odd, I haven't heard of anyone else having issues contacting support. What I would like you to do is try and contact us again via chat. 

You can speak to a Mozy Agent live 24/7 via the Live Chat in the support portal. 
To access chat:
  1. Go to http://support.mozy.com
  2. Click on My Support.
  3. If prompted, log in. 
  4. On the right under Contact Support, click on the option Chat.
  5. Click Start Chat

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
AngelinaS
(222)
Solution

@mylittlefleur   I see your backups are failing with a ClientError3 and ConnectionError0.  These link explain how to resolve these errors:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/MozyClientError3  and  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/ConnectionError0

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(387)

@mylittlefleur Were you able to try the steps provided?

Zach M.
Community Manager
AngelinaS
(222)

@mylittlefleur    Were you able to resolve your backup issue?

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(582)

@mylittlefleur

I don't see any backup since Feb 8th.  Were you able to follow the instructions from AngalinaS?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(582)

@mylittlefleur

I still see your backups failing.  Did you follow the instructions that @AngelinaS posted?  If so then I suggest reinstalling Mozy without saving your configuration (when prompted during the uninstall).

Use this link to download the latest version of Mozy: http://mozy.com/product/download/backup/mozyhome

Once downloaded and installed then select your files again for backup.  This should fix your ClientError3

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(582)

@mylittlefleur

I still see the backups on your Mac failing.  Were you able to re-install Mozy (without saving the configuration file when prompted to save or remove the configuration while uninstalling Mozy)?

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support