We are upgrading our Mozy Community! The new community will have new features, a much improved user interface and will work on your mobile devices. You will be able to access the community during the upgrade but you won’t be able to post until we’ve migrated every user to our new platform. Please see this link for further support options that are always available to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

/t5/Mozy-for-Mac/Copied-onto-a-new-computer/td-p/93591

ForumTopicPage

Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Restoring files from an earlier date
One of the handiest features of Mozy is being able to restore from an earlier date in your backup history. Learn more in today's blog!
mozykuba
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Copied onto a new computer.

I recently copied all the content of my old iMac to a new 2017 iMac. I disconnected Mozy from the old computer. The amount of space used in my Mozy account now seems twice what it should be, but the list of files in my Mozy Files and Folders section seems to be correct and does not show duplicates. And I still have only one computer listed. Can anyone advise me? Thank you.

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(240)
Solution

Re: Copied onto a new computer.

Most likely what is going on is you have a duplicate of your files on your computer. Have you look into that side of things yet? In addition to that you could just have weird things selected for backup. I would advise looking at your file selection and make sure you are not backing up things you don't need:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-t-select-manually-m-c

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps
mozykuba
Student
(0)

Thanks for getting back so quickly. The first thing I did before contacting you was to check the Mozy "Files and Folders", and there are no duplicates listed. I did however check my mac and noticed that there was a large amount of iOS (phones and iPads) backup content on my mac that I didn't realize was there. I could not find it specifically on Mozy but I have deleted it from my mac. Since this content is now removed from my mac, will it be deleted by Mozy after 30 days? Thanks!

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@mozykuba

That's correct. Once de-selected, the files are marked for deletion after 30 days of consecutive successful backups. Let us know if you have additional questions!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@mozykuba

We haven't heard from you recently. Did you have any other questions before we mark this thread as resolved?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
mozykuba
Student
(0)

Thanks for your help. I think there were not duplicates but just more files than I thought including those iOS backups I was not aware of.

0 Reps
ScottS1
(182)

@mozykuba

Not a problem. Does this resolve your concern or did you have any other questions?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
mozykuba
Student
(0)

Yes - everything good. Thanks

0 Reps