Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
jjirikowic
Assassin
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Connection Error 9 Macintosh

Hi All

A few of my Mac laptops are getting Connection Error 9 messages and the backup doesn't upload anything.  The documentation I have found in the knowledge base discusses Windows machines but these are Macs, running either Sierra or El Capitan.  Duration shows 14 or 15 seconds.  Any Ideas?

Thanks

AllanH
(203)

Re: Connection Error 9 Macintosh

@jjirikowic

Hi there,

From one of the hosts that is encountering the issue, please run the following:

1. Open Terminal

2. Run this command:

traceroute client.mozy.com

3. Post the output here for analysis. 

This will help in determining where the breakdown is occurring while attempting to establish and maintain a secure connection with the Mozy servers. 

Thank you. 

Benjamin_C
(120)

Were you able to gather that information, or do you have any other questions? Let us know!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(470)
Solution

@jjirikowic

I've checked your account and have found the connectionerror9 you have mentioned appearing on some of the Mac computers backing up.  There could be some network issues going on and that's why AllanH asked you to run a traceroute command which would help us point you in the right direction.  

However I can see that you have a Client Version rule set to keep all the Mac's from updating past Mozy 2.13.8.1552.  I bring this up because older Mac version of Mozy can become unstable because of the frequent security updates and just updates in general that Mac releases and is usually more critical for Mac computers to stay up to date or problems like this can occur.

The first thing I would do is remove all the version limits (3 version limits for Mac are set on your account) for the Mac computers then manually update Mozy on one of the computers reporting the connectionerror9 to test whether or not updating affects the backup results.

1. Log into Mozy.com and click on "Edit Client Version" under the "Configuration" section and click on the "remove" link on the three version rules that are set.

2. Once the version rules are removed, the latest version of Mozy (2.15.0.1607) for Mac will become available on your account under the "Download Mozypro Client" link under the "Resources" section.

3.   Install the update and run a manual backup to see what happens.  There is a good chance this will fix the issues unless there is a network firewall that maybe affecting the backup connection.

If things become more complicated we can create a case.  Let us know how that goes.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
jjirikowic
Assassin
(5)

Interestingly I don't see any of the responses I've posted.  Because of our setup  this method of communication is really not working for me.  Let's close this down and I'll open a ticket.

Thanks for all of your help!

angelag
Community Manager
(797)

@jjirikowic,

I see you've got a few cases open. I'll go ahead and mark this thread resolved and we can continue to work with you through those cases. Thanks for reaching out to us!

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support