Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
pittierl...

Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Communication

NEED TO TALK WITH A HUMAN BEING! **Removed**

HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS YOU NOR BACK UP...FRUSTRATING BUILDING.

LYNN

AngelinaS
(194)

Re: Communication

@pittierlynn    MozyHome accounts have chat and email support available to discuss more sensitive account details.  You are welcome to communicate to our technical support team via chat  or create a case.  

But reviewing your account, in general, I see you are over your storage limit.  You can view what is selected for backup by opening the Mozy Preferences window, click on the Files and Folders tab.  Folders with a green gem mean everything within them is selected for backup.  A yellow gem means something within that folder is selected for backup but not everything as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-files-to-backup-on-a-Mac

Please make sure only your data files are backed up; not the operating system or installed applications as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/What-should-I-back-up-with-Mozy.

To resolve being over the storage limit, you can either de-select files/folders that don't need to be backed up, or purchase more storage space.  The File and Folders tab will display how much you have selected at the bottom of that screen.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)
Solution

@pittierlynn

Have you been able to contact support with the information Angelina provided?

I've found that your computer is running and extremely old version of Mozy and needs to be updated to before you do anything else or Mozy won't work.

Here is a link to the latest version of Mozyhome for Mac.

Once you update Mozy then open the Mozy preferences so you can adjust your file selection or purchase more storage on your account, since your last backup attempt was for about 350 GBs and you only have 110 GBs on your account.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(522)

Hi @pittierlynn,

I'm not sure if you were able to take a look at the responses from @AngelinaS and @JaredG, but I did check our Support System and I'm not seeing any record of contact from you yet.

I went ahead and created a support case for you, and I'm sending you an email from the case. I want to make sure you're able to reach us and I'm not sure if you've seen the response in the community here yet.

Please feel free to reply here or to that case/email.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(396)

@pittierlynn - A support case was created for you earlier in the week. If you're having trouble responding to case, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(384)

@pittierlynn

We haven't heard from you since your initial post and I'm not seeing a reply on the case that was created.  Maybe the emails are going into your junk or spam folder.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(522)

@pittierlynn,

Just following up once more to let you know I've emailed you again from your case. Please reply there, or feel free to log into Live Chat, to work with a support technician.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(396)

@pittierlynn - Since you have a support case open, we going to mark this thread as solved. If you need additional help, please let us know. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager