Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
jfm225
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Cannot pause backup - Mac OS 10.12.2

I cannot pause backups on the Mac version. I press pause but it doesn't actually stop it. Yes,I have waited. macOS Sierra 10.12.2.

0 Reps
AllanH
(119)

Re: Cannot pause backup - Mac OS 10.12.2

Hi there,

I see 2 devices on file. One that backed up successfully approximately 6 hours prior to this post, and another that hasn't backed up in over 2 months. So assuming that the computer you're having the issue with is the latter, I found that the last error message reported was ClientError5. On Macs, this indicates that the backup app is trying to backup broken symbolic links and thus fails as it cannot make sense of a link without an actual file being pointed to.

Please visit this link for steps to resolve this.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/MozyClientError5

If you continue having issues, it will be necessary to work with Support to resolve this as it will involve the collecting of logs and more in-depth troubleshooting.

Thank you.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @jfm225,

Did you manage to follow those steps and resolve this issue? If so, please mark the thread as resolved by clicking "Accept as Solution" next to @AllanH's post. If not, please let us know so we can help you resolve the issue.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
jfm225
Student
(0)

No, it did  not resolve the issue as he assumed it was an older Mac that had not been backed up for a while. This is a MacBookAir and I still have the problem.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Hi @jfm225,

Okay, in that case the best option will likely be to uninstall/reinstall cleanly on the machine, since the client has become corrupted.

To do a clean uninstall/reinstall, follow these instructions exactly. Do not skip step 2, as it is very important to this process.

1. Hold the Option Key and click on the Mozy icon in the upper menu bar to select Uninstall.
  2. When the window comes up, UNcheck the "Keep log and config files" checkbox.
  3. Click Uninstall.
  4. Reinstall the latest version of the Mozy software
  5. Make sure to select your files for backup
  6. Run a backup

Please let us know how that goes.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
remymozy
(47)

@jfm225

Did the method of resolution provided by @angelag help fix the issue for you? Please let us know if you need any further help whatsoever. 

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@jfm225    Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps