Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
af
Spy
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Cannot Login due to "Error"

I just downloaded Mozy on my new computer.

I deleted my old computer from my account, and just want to start backing up on my new computer. 

After installing the software on my new computer, when I try to log in (on my computer), it says "Error"

Extra information: 

I have a free account. I have not used Mozy for a while -- did they freeze my account? 

Thanks.

username...

Master Level 1
(2981)
Solution

Re: Cannot Login due to "Error"

af wrote:

I just downloaded Mozy on my new computer.

I deleted my old computer from my account, and just want to start backing up on my new computer. 

After installing the software on my new computer, when I try to log in (on my computer), it says "Error"

Extra information: 

I have a free account. I have not used Mozy for a while -- did they freeze my account

Thanks.

Yes, sort of.

Please read this: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/I-received-an-email-stating-that-my-account-has-been-inac...

If you create a new account, you get 2GB of free space.

If you use this link...

https://secure.mozy.com/?ref=SHMPWS

...to create your new free account, you get 2.25GB of free space.

Tyler_W
(72)

Hi @af it appears that you were able to successfully back up this new computer. But @username_issues is correct, if you leave your free account inactive for some time it will automatically close.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
af
Spy
(5)

Hi @Tyler_W@username_issues

Thank you both for replying. 

I kept getting the error message, and then a couple hours later, while doing unrelated things on my computer, a window popped up and said 'please configure Mozy settings' and it worked fine. Now it's working great.

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager
(449)

@af

I'm happy to hear that your issue has been resolved! Please let us know if you have any additional questions by posting an update or a new thread in our community forum, and our members will be happy to help. 

Have a great day!

Shawn

Shawn L.
Community Manager