Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
markmp
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can I have both Mozy Home and Mozy Enterprise running on the same machine?

Hello,

Is it possible to have both Mozy Home and Mozy enterprise running on the same machine?

My work has recently deployed Mozy enterprise for all our MacOS devices - but I do not want to back up personal files I keep on my work machine to our Mozy enterprise account. I was hoping to install Mozy Home to backup personal files -and have my enterprise account back up my work files. 

Is this possible?

thanks

username...

Master Level 1
(2983)

Re: Can I have both Mozy Home and Mozy Enterprise running on the same machine?

I have seen MozyHome and MozyPro both installed on a Windows operating system. I'll let the Mozy staff address your question about the possibility of having both Mozy versions on a Mac .

The MozyPro or Enterprise version allows for centralized control. It is possible that you won't get to pick which files are backed up by the Enterprise or Pro version.

Benjamin_C
(120)
Solution

Yes, it should work. I even ran a test on a Mac and I was able to install both versions. Your IT department may have things set up preventing it from working, but as far as we at Mozy are concerned, it should work just fine to install both versions onto your mac. 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(470)

@markmp

Have all of your questions been answered?  Also I agree with the previous post by Benjamin_C, however in order for this to work you must stagger the backups so they do not over lap and that one backup must end before the other backup starts.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(470)

@markmp

Were you able to get Mozyhome and MozyEnterprise working together at the same time?

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Tyler_W
(72)

@markmp

Hello! Did the previous post answer your questions, or do you need anymore help from us? Please let us know!

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
AngelinaS
(222)

@markmp    
Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie