Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ixoxo5
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Building a restore package for download?

My windows PC crashed and I am trying to restore the files now to my Mac. Followed the instructions, downloaded the Restore Manager and am now advised after two days of requesting that my files are "still building" and I will receive an email when they are ready for download from the web. Question: I have 45gb of files. Any estimates how long this 'building' process is likely to take? Presumably it is being offline in the background and my computer need not be connected at this stage. I have looked all over the support pages and find nothing about waiting for the package to 'build' after which I will receive an email. Is this new?

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

Re: Building a restore package for download?

@ixoxo5 - I do apologize for the delay in response. Let me have a technician update this thread as soon as possible.

Thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
remymozy
(47)

@ixoxo5

It can take 6+ hours to archive and serve 45GB of files in my experience. You'll get an email containing the links once they are built. Compressed Archives aren't efficient for downloads over 2GB. Because of this, we offer a download manager style tool called the Mozy Restore Manager which will download your data in real time and give you an ETA. 

Here is a step by visual tutorial on restoring using the Mozy Restore Manager: 

Building the restore: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-restore-my-files

Restoring the files using the Mozy Restore Manager: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Download-Files-with-Mozy-Restore-Manager

As the Windows and Mac file systems aren't compatible with each other, you will want to choose to have the Mozy Restore Manager restore the files to a folder on your Desktop when asked.

0 Reps
ixoxo5
Warrior
(5)

Perhaps you did not read my original post in which I followed the very steps you outlined. However, I am still waiting more than five days since beginning the process online to receive email notification the package is ready for download--much longer than the 6 hours you estimated it should take. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Hi @ixoxo5,

I pulled up your account here and it does not appear that you requested an archive package for your restore. Your restore is set up as a Direct Download, both the one you requested on 6/6 and the one you requested today, 6/9. The Direct Downloads do not send you an email, since you are meant to just download it immediately by installing the Restore Manager and starting the download. Only an archive package will build on the back end and email you when ready to download.

I show that your Direct Download restore from today is ready to download, you just need to install and launch the Restore Manager in order to get it going. Then leave the Restore Manager open until it completes.

Please follow the steps in this article to get that going, or redownload the Restore Manager as needed: How do I resume a direct download using the restore manager?

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
ixoxo5
Warrior
(5)

Thank you. I successfully accomplished the direct download you described. 

0 Reps
remymozy
(47)

@ixoxo5

Happy that we could help get this resolved! I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved but if you do need any further help with this, simply reply to this thread and we will be able to assist. 

0 Reps