Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Keep your files in Sync with Mozy & What's new with Mozy Windows and Linux clients?
Learn more about Sync as well as Windows and Linux clients in the latest community blogs!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
jbashkow
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Better backup services for Mac?

Anybody have a better suggestion for backup software for Mac computers than Mozy?  Doesn't seem like they really care about the Mac side of things that much...

0 Reps
ScottS1
(161)

Re: Better backup services for Mac?

@jbashkow

Are you experiencing any difficulties in particular? Have you tried Mozy Sync? Keep in mind that program is different than Mozy Backup in that you are merely synchronizing files.

Basically you drop files into a folder. Then you can pick them up and modify them as necessary anywhere a secure connection exists and on the corresponding device that supports Sync.

Did you have any particular questions you need answered to help tailor the software to better suit your needs?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
jbashkow
Student
(0)
Solution

Re: Better backup services for Mac?

Hi Scott, I find that sometimes Mozy stops working and fails to alert me.  I wish there would be say, a red flag with a number in the Mozy upper toolbar icon that would show me how many times Mozy has failed since I last checked it.  Also, why is Mozy so much more expensive than the other backup services?  Would Mozy/Dell/EMC/ infrastructure really survive some sort of global or North American meltdown, or other disaster, (god forbid) better than a competitor, Amazon's servers or others, for instance?  thanks,  -jack

p.s. - mozy is not even mentioned in most articles about cloud backups anymore, hmmmmm....

0 Reps