Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
CBR1
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Baccking up whole computer

I have Parralles on my Mac which allows me to run Windows on the Mac.  When I backup, are both the Windows and Apple operating systems and programs being backed up?

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

Re: Baccking up whole computer

Which operating system is Mozy on?

Zach M.
Community Manager
username...

Master Level 1
(2981)
Solution

CBR1 wrote:

.....are both the Windows and Apple operating systems and programs being backed up?

The answer is no. Mozy is not a disk imaging app.

(Which is what you need to backup an OS and apps.)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Mozy is designed to backup user generated files.

(e.g. presentation files, spreadsheets, documents..).

If you have Mozy for Mac installed in the Apple OS, Mozy will not backup the Apple operating system and programs.

If you have Mozy for Windows installed in your Windows OS inside of Parallels, Mozy is not going to backup the Windows operating system and programs.

You can force Mozy to backup some OS related things, but you could never restore the complete operating system and apps via Mozy.

If you have the Mozy app installed in the Apple OS and you have enough space on your account/plan, you can backup the Parallels Virtual Machine (PVM) file that holds your Windows operating system, Windows apps and your user generated files.

AngelinaS
(194)

@CBR1   

Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie