Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users

Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(454)

Re: Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users

We have isolated the problem and our engineers are testing our updated Mac client software before its release.  We should be releasing an update soon.

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
Mag7
Cook
(1)

Any News?

As of today (Monday) I now have a weeks worth of data that has not been backed up with Mozy

You had access to High Sierra Beta since July, why is this taking so long?

jicho
Sensei Level 1
(32)

Hi, any news yet?

And another question... How is it possible that something like this can happen? I assume that Mozy is testing their produces at the beta versions of new OS releases? I'm just curious about this Smiley Happy

JaredG
(454)

@jicho @Mag7

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Mozy community. 

Some times we can not always see these issues arise when testing, as I don't believe everyone was affected by this when upgrading to High Sierra.

We will post an update as soon as our engineers are finished testing our updated client software and are ready to release it to the public.  We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please post any other questions you might have.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
jicho
Sensei Level 1
(32)

@JaredG Yesterday I had backup problems, today is a new day and Mozy is running the backup smoothly after a computer wakeup... Funny and strange at the same time Smiley Happy

Oh well... I will wait for the new version... I'm happy to see that the backup sometimes work. The success is also visible on the Mozy web interface. The system preference window isn't able to open, that is still complaining when I start it.

Thanks for the reaction!

JaredG
(454)

@jicho @Mag7

The backups should continue to work but you won't be able to open the Mozy preferences, however there is workaround that we found that will fix this problem until our engineers are ready to release the update.

To implement the workaround you will need to uninstall Mozy on your Mac and save the settings/preferences when asked to do so during the uninstall process.

To uninstall Mozy you need to open System Preferences on your Mac and you will find the Mozy icon at the bottom of the System Preferences window.  Double click the Mozy icon and you will then have the option to uninstall Mozy.

Then download Mozy for Mac 2.15.0 from the links below specific whether you are using Mozyhome or Mozypro:

Mozypro for Mac 2.15.0

Mozyhome for Mac 2.15.0

Once this version of Mozy is installed, you will be able to open the Mozy preferences.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(105)

@jicho

Did you have any other concerns? Were you able to review the information presented by Jared?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator

0 Reps
jicho
Sensei Level 1
(32)

Hi @ScottS1,

I finally had some time to install the latest Mozy, guess what? Everything works Smiley Happy No issues with opening preference window with version 2.15.0. Backup also seems to run as it should.

Has this version also the auto-update function as previous version? Just asking since this one isn't auto-installed.

Thanks for letting met test this new version.

Kind regards,

Eric

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@jicho

The version of Mozy 2.15.0 is not the latest version but just the workaround as I mention in my last post.

"To implement the workaround you will need to uninstall Mozy on your Mac and save the settings/preferences when asked to do so during the uninstall process".

I should have mentioned in my last post to make sure that you disable automatic updates under the "Options" tab at the top of the preferences called "Install updates automatically".

Please post any other comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps