Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Did you know we have a Linux client? Read our blog article for more details. There is also a contest!
TummySup...

Elite Level 2
(20)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Where on mozy.com do I find my backed up Linux system?

I've installed the client and run a successful backup, even restored a file as a test using mozyutil, but I'm not able to see the system on the website.  The documentation points me to https://secure.mozy.com/login?dest=access but the page that directs me to, https://sinulinux.mozypro.com/dashboard, lists no systems nor evidence of any data being backed up.

[root@sinuserver ~]# mozyutil quota
Quota used by this device: 93.93MB
Quota percent used: 4.59
Quota available: 1.91GB
Quota used by other devices: 0

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Scoots
Employee
(0)
Solution

Re: Where on mozy.com do I find my backed up Linux system?

Hello TommySupport2

I would like to gather a little more information from you, I went ahead and sent you an email to the TommySupport2 and created a Support case for you.  The email will be going to the address assocaited with  the TommySupport2.

Thank you

Scoots

sascha666
Cook
(0)

hey could I get your answer too. I have just installed lubuntu and want to get my files from mozy, as my windows xp has crashed.

dillon
Community Manager
(145)

Hello @sascha666 ,

The following steps will assist with restoring your files to your lubuntu machine: 

1 - Sign into your account at: https://secure.mozy.com/

2 - Select Restore files on the left

3 - Select the Devices tab on the left

4 - Place a check mark next to your Windows computer

5 - Select Restore All Files on the left (this goes through a few steps)

• Name your Restore
  • Choose the date to Restore from
  • Choose if you want to Include Deleted Files
  • Choose how you want to Restore (NOTE: Mozy Linux is not available for MozyHome, so I encourage you to use the 2nd option - Archive Restore.  You can still use Mozy Linux to Restore, and if you choose to still use the Mozy Linux software, instructions and walk-through can be found in our Tutorial.)

6 - Allow Archive Restore to build - Email will follow notifying you of completion and link(s).  In your case it will be one link. 

7 - Download the compressed file and extract to the location of your choice

Hope this helps!  The above instructions are for restoring All Files.  If you want Specific files, you can click on your computer name and choose your folder(s) to restore.  More instructions can be found at the KB:

Request Web Restore for All Files. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME

THANKS

sascha666
Cook
(0)

Thank you for the answer Smiley Wink

sascha666