Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Did you know we have a Linux client? Read our blog article for more details. There is also a contest!
techie13
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

NAS compatibility

I am looking to get a NAS unit for my office.  I want to get one that is compatible with Mozy pro.  What do I need to look for?  Will any of the NetGear Ready NAS devices work?  Does it have to have an x86 processor or will a Marvell Armada processor work?

Julius
(154)

Re: NAS compatibility

@techie13

At the moment Mozy does not have any requirements for a NAS device. We used to in the past when we used to have Iomega NAS - these came with MozyPro software pre-installed but this service was discontinued.  Now, any NAS device should work as long as the computer that will have Mozy installed on can access it ( the device shows up in Windows explorer). You'll use the UNC path to add the device to MozyPro backup selection.  However, one of the account requirement  is that you must setup MozyPro using a server user/license. Thank you for using Mozy community.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
techie13
Cook
(0)

But I thought that with the Linux client you could run the NAS as a standalone unit.  Just needs its own server license.  That way wouldn't have to have a client computer running for the Mozy to work.

Julius
(154)
Solution

@techie13

You're right, with the Linux client you could run the NAS device as a standalone but this is not officially support by Mozy.  If you've all the required dependencies, click here for the list, you can get it working.  

P.S Here is a thread from one of our users talking about his experience and how he got his working, he talks about the NAS under a section he called "Testing on an Unsupported System". 

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer