Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Did you know we have a Linux client? Read our blog article for more details. There is also a contest!
mik
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Multiple backup sets on server

Hi

I am evaluating the MozyPro for Linux server backup. As I understand it I can create a cron job to schedule regular backups. What I can't see is if there is a way to create multiple schedules for the backup? I.e. one backup every 5 minutes, one daily, one weekly and one monthly?

//Mikael

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)
Solution

Re: Multiple backup sets on server

Hi @mik,

You should be able to create as many cron jobs as you'd like, such as hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Then each cron job would be run on Mozy every xxxx (depending on how you have them set up.)

For more information, see: Scheduling backups with Mozy Linux

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
mik
Student
(0)

Hi

Thank you! 

Kind Regards,

Mikael

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@mik,

You're very welcome! We're going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved, but if you need anything further-please don't hesitate to let us know.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
mik
Student
(0)

Hi again,

I don't understand how each of the different backups will be separated?

Since I add the same directory to the mozybackup and each scheduled backup runs daily, weekly etc. won't all backups be stored in the same "location" on your end? I.e. the weekly backup will be overwritten by the daily backup next day?

I can't find a way to get the backup utility to handle each of the scheduled backups as a separate backup. The util runs the same command on the same set of data only at different times.

//Mikael

0 Reps
Benjamin_C
(195)

How long the data in the backup lasts depends on the retention policy for your account. Basically we collect only the differences in files, and the old file versions are saved for how-ever long the retention ends up being, so that you can go back and retrieve old versions of a file if needed. This article gives a list of retention options:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-c-data-retention-period

I hope this helps!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
0 Reps