Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Did you know we have a Linux client? Read our blog article for more details. There is also a contest!
Mr_Plims...

Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Activation of client fails

Hi,

I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 Beta (Tikanga) and have downloaded and installed the mozypro RPM.

So far, so good.  I can successfully start the mozypro daemon and verify its status.  I have a pro account (trial) and created a user.

However, when I try to activate the client, the mozyutil binary exits with an error code of 3.  In addition, the daemon is no longer running.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this - I'm kind of stuck on this.

Regards,

Plimsole

0 Reps
rond
(10)
Solution

Re: Activation of client fails

@Mr_Plimsole

It looks like that version of RHEL is older than Mozy's officially supported Linux distributions .  It is likely that you will need get some Dependencies installed for the Mozy client to work in this case. 

Please review the following article for more details and the list of needed Dependencies. 
http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Mozy-Linux-Official-Supported-Distributions

Regards,

Mozy Support

Mr_Plims...

Warrior
(5)

Hi,

My fault...you are right.  I misread RHLE 5.10 as RHLE 5.1

I'll unpack the RPM and report on how I get on in case others are in the same boat.

Best Regards,

Brian

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@Mr_Plimsole   Were you able to resolve the Mozy issue with the information provided by @rond?

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
Tyler_W
(50)

@Mr_Plimsole

We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
0 Reps