Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card! We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!
Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!
Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That? Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
Web Restore: How to restore all the files you have backed up on the Mozy Backend Servers (MozyPro)
The easiest way to restore files to your new computer is to install the Mozy backup software, using the same user ID, on the new computer. The Mozy backup software will recognize that you have a new computer and simplifies the process of restoring your files, automatically putting the files on your new computer using the same folder structure they were in when they were backed up.
If you don't have the Mozy backup software on the computer you are restoring to, or if you don't want to use the software, you can use MozyRestore. With MozyRestore, you can restore one file, a few files, or all your files, just as you can with the Mozy backup software.
This tutorial will show you how to use the Mozy Restore Manager to directly download all the files on your old computer to your new computer using the Direct Download option.
1. First open your internet browser, navigate to https://mozy.com/loginand login to your Mozy account using your credentials.
2. When the account page opens, click Restore Files.
3. When the MozyRestore home page opens, click Restore All.
4. You can optionally enter a name for the restore and then select the Direct Download option.
5. Run the Mozy Restore Manager software.
6. When the Mozy Restore Manager login page opens, enter your email address and password and click Next.
7. Select the restore request you want to restore and click Next.
8. Choose a destination location for your files to be restored to and click Next then click Finish.
9. You can pause or cancel the restore at any time.
10. When the restore is complete, your file will be stored in the location on your PC where you selected to restore the files to.