CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!
Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Web Restore: How to restore all the files you have backed up on the Mozy Backend Servers (MozyPro)
The easiest way to restore files to your new computer is to install the Mozy backup software, using the same user ID, on the new computer. The Mozy backup software will recognize that you have a new computer and simplifies the process of restoring your files, automatically putting the files on your new computer using the same folder structure they were in when they were backed up.
If you don't have the Mozy backup software on the computer you are restoring to, or if you don't want to use the software, you can use MozyRestore. With MozyRestore, you can restore one file, a few files, or all your files, just as you can with the Mozy backup software.
This tutorial will show you how to use the Mozy Restore Manager to directly download all the files on your old computer to your new computer using the Direct Download option.
1. First open your internet browser, navigate to https://mozy.com/loginand login to your Mozy account using your credentials.
2. When the account page opens, click Restore Files.
3. When the MozyRestore home page opens, click Restore All.
4. You can optionally enter a name for the restore and then select the Direct Download option.
5. Run the Mozy Restore Manager software.
6. When the Mozy Restore Manager login page opens, enter your email address and password and click Next.
7. Select the restore request you want to restore and click Next.
8. Choose a destination location for your files to be restored to and click Next then click Finish.
9. You can pause or cancel the restore at any time.
10. When the restore is complete, your file will be stored in the location on your PC where you selected to restore the files to.