Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Cethan_L...

Sensei Level 1

(26)

Web Restore: How to download single and multiple files using the Mozy Restore manager (MozyPro)

The easiest and best way to restore files is to use the Mozy backup software on your computer. With it, you can quickly restore a single or multiple files,  including older versions of  files that you might have accidently deleted from your computer in the past 30 days. You can even restore all your files if that is necessary. 

If you don't have the Mozy backup software on the computer you are restoring to, or if you don't want to use the software, you can use MozyRestore. With MozyRestore, you can restore one file, a few files, or all your files, just as you can with the Mozy Backup software.

This tutorial will show you how to use MozyRestore to download :

• a single file that is less that 100MB in size, 
  • an earlier version of a file,
  • a single file that is greater than 100MB and 
  • multiple files 

using browse, backups sets and search options.

STEPS:

1. To use the MozyRestore software, login to your online account by going to https://mozy.com/login and entering your credentials.
  2. When the account page opens, click Restore files to open the MozyRestore homepage.
  3. Use Browse and Instant Download to restore a single file that is less than 100MB. From the Getting Started Page, click Browse. Locate the file you wish to restore and hover over the file. The Download button displays. Click Download and save the file to a location on your PC.
  4. Use Browse and Instant Download to restore an earlier version of a file that is less than 100MB. If there is a previous version of a file, the file will display a number next to it in the Restore Manager indicting the number of previous versions; for example, “2” means there are two previous versions you can download. Click the number to display the versions and hover over the version you wish to download. Click Download.  
  5. If you know the name of the file, use the search field to find a file and then use instant download to restore the file.
  6. To restore multiple files, you can use both Browse and Back Up sets. Select files by checking the boxes next to the files. If you check the box next to a folder, all the files within the folder are select for restore. You can also select files by clicking Backup sets and checking the box next to a backup set. All files selected are displayed in the Restore Summary at the bottom of the page. You can deselect files by unchecking them in the Restore Summary. If satisfied with your selection, click Submit. Select the restore type. We recommend Direct Download, which streams the restore direct to your computer. Run the Mozy Restore Manager and download your restore.

Comments

idiot

Visitor

I save a complete backup on a spare hard disk every few weeks. Due to picking up a virus this week, I had to wipe my c; drive and restore the backup from September to it.

I did this last year, and was able to download all my missing emails & documents from Mozy. Now, Mozy will only restore every document & email I have ever had unless I select them manually.

This is going to take over a day to download on a 8MBit link. (Not that your web restore works at anything like 8Mbit.)

Not clever guys! I'm going to find a new backup firm.