Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 and 2 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Cethan_L...

Sensei Level 1

(26)

How to restore a previous version of a file (MozyPro)

You can restore a file to a previous version using MozyPro. This tutorial explains how, including right click options and saving to a different location.

STEPS: 

1. First navigate to the file of which you want a previous version restored. This is done through Windows Explorer.   
  2. Right-click the file. In the drop down menu that appears, select Restore Previous Version. (Note: If the option, Restore Previous Version is not available, it needs to be activated in the Mozy Client Settings. To access the Mozy Client settings, right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Settings, then select More Settings. When the Settings window appears, click the tab Options and check the box marked “Show the restore option on the right click menu in Windows Explorer”)
  3. Right-click the file, then select either Restore or Restore To. Restore returns the file back to its original location.  Restore To saves the file to a specific folder.
  4. If you selected Restore, then select either to Overwrite or Rename the file.  Overwrite will save the file to the original location and any changes since the last back up will be lost.  Rename will save the file to the same folder as the original, but with a new name, so it does not override the original.
  5. If you selected the Restore To option, the Restore File As window displays. Select where you want to save the file and click Save.

Comments

Richard Smith

Visitor

My hard drive crashed.  When I tried to restore my files, I recieved a message that I was using a different computer.  I was unable to restore my files to the new hard drive.  Is there a way to do this?