Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

How to install Mozy Sync

To install Mozy Sync follow the steps below.

1. Click here to be taken to download page

2. Download Mozy for Windows

3. Run program and click Install

4. Agree to End User License Agreement

5. Follow steps to finsh installation

6. Enter email address and password and click Link Computer

7. Click Sync now.

Comments
snakeoil
Assassin

(6)

Where are the instructions for usingSync hidden??  Smiley Happy

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

@snakeoil Take a look at these and let me know if it is what you are looking for.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Mozy-Sync-Settings/ba-p/71077#.VE-wR7HnatU

snakeoil
Assassin

(6)

Thanks zachm but it appears I misunderstood what Sync is really designed to do.  I really only want to sync a few files as I use my two computers for entirely different purposes - except for a few files.  Is there anyway to do that?

I guess my curiousity is getting to me.  Does Sync make mirror images of my computers on each other or does it make each computer the same in terms of files and file structures?

Thanks again.

dillon
Community Manager

(145)

Good question @snakeoil

Sync is designed to be a synchronization tool between multiple computers.  You can place items into a specific folder, called your Sync folder (you can change the name if you want), and then sync these files between other computers that have Sync installed. 

In your case, if you want to sync only a few files, that is a completely possible!  You would complete the following steps:

Computer A -

1. Install Sync
  2. Sign in with your User Email & Password
  3. Select the Sync button
  4. Place any file you want to sync between multiple computers in your Sync folder

Computer B -

1. Install Sync
  2. Sign in with your User Email & Password
  3. Select the Sync button
  4. Files placed in the Sync folder on Computer A will be sent to your Sync folder on Computer B

Computer C -

(Repeat from instructions on computer B)

Likewise, if you want to sync files that are on computers B or C, place these files in the Sync folder and they will be sent to the other computers. 

NOTE - To ensure files are staying up-to-date, make sure that these files remain in the Sync folder. 

snakeoil
Assassin

(6)

This is what was needed and Sync is now up and running on my machines.  Works great - saves a lot of time.

Jamesde

(122)

snakeoil,

Thank you for the update, as we are glad to see that you were able to get Sync up and running successfully!

~James

LeviP
Cook

(0)

If a file is removed from one computer will it remove it from the other computers?  Maybe I don't understand how it works.  Here's my understanding: 

Computer 1, Copy a file from My Documents to the Sync folder; Mozy uploads to my Mozy account.

Computer 2, Open sync folder and the file is downloaded to this computer's Sync folder.  Changes are made, file saved, Mozy syncs to the Mozy account.  Updated file is now available for access on Computer 1 when it is turned on and synced. Correct?

So, if the file is deleted from the sync folder of one of the computers does it remove it when the other computer is synced?

Thank you,

KLP

Benjamin_C

(191)

If you delete a file from the Sync folder on one computer, it will be deleted from the other computer. Think of it as a 'Cloud' based thumb drive that happens to be plugged into both computers. It's the same drive, that you keep moving back and forth. So a change, or deletion, on the thumb drive named 'Mozy Sync' from any computer will modify/delete the file on the drive, and thus when you check it on any other computer, the files will be modified/changed on that computer too. 

Let me know if this helps!