Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Check out our latest contest. This is open to all of our community members and it's just as easy as all of the others! Take a look at the contest page for more details.
emk
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

syncing

do you have to do something to sync the files that are in stash?  because when i save a file to stash on my desktop, when i open it from stash on my laptop it does not have the changes i made and vice versa.

Ted_Haeger
(260)

Re: syncing

emk:

You should not need to do anything except save the changes and close the file from the editor app on one computer, and then allow the update to happen. When you open the file on the other linked computer, you should see the changes. As long as you don't already have a previous version already opened, then all should be working. Is that how you're doing it already?

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
emk
Cook
(0)
Solution

thought i was doing that but obviously not.  just tried again and it worked.  thanks!

Ted_Haeger
(260)

No worries, emk. Keep us posted on your progress.

--T

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
rwitkow
Cook
(0)

I am having a similar problem with syncing. Stash is installed both on my notebook and desktop. I'm traveling today with my notebook and full folders in my desktop's Stash folder are not showing up on my notebook. Is there any way to force a sync?

rwitkow
Cook
(0)

Problem solved. I found the Stash task in the Task Manager, stopped it, and then from the start menuand ran Stash. That solved it. 20 files I had created over the past week came over immediately.

Ted_Haeger
(260)

rwitkow:

Are both computers logged in using the same MozyHome account? Also, check to see whether either computer's Stash software is paused. (Click the Stash icon in the system tray to bring up the menu, and make sure that Pause shows in the menu.)

If both are connected, and neither is paused, we'll look into next steps to troubleshoot.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Ted_Haeger
(260)

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear that it's up and running for you.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management

Re: syncing (hibernation problem)

I had a similar problem. The reason was probably windows hibernation - after I "woke up" my laptop it didn't start to sync with other computers. Solved it by pausing and then resuming sync (right-click on stash icon).