Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
Solved (Go to Solution)

sync: where is the sync folder on my hard drive? how do I move a file into sync?

I am unable to find the Mozy Sync icon

0 Reps
Solution

Re: sync: where is the sync folder on my hard drive? how do I move a file into sync?

disregard this post

just figured it out

ShawnL
Community Manager
(625)

Re: sync: where is the sync folder on my hard drive? how do I move a file into sync?

@warmbread

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be happy to help! 

Have a great day!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(1235)

Hi @warmbread,

We're so glad that you were able to figure out where to find your Sync folder. Is there anything further we can help you with today?

For any other users who may have this same question, we have a fantastic KB article titled Where is my Mozy Sync file folder located? that you can check out.

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or concerns here for us and we'll be happy to help!

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(737)

angelag wrote:

Hi @warmbread,

We're so glad that you were able to figure out where to find your Sync folder. Is there anything further we can help you with today?

For any other users who may have this same question, we have a fantastic KB article titled Where is my Mozy Sync file folder located? that you can check out.

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or concerns here for us and we'll be happy to help!

@angelag ... just a minor side note.  The 2014 Knowledge Base article you link is absolutely correct and indicates that the default location for the Mozy Sync folder is ...

For Windows: C:\Users\[your username]\Sync

For Mac: /Users/mozy/Sync

There must have been a minor change since 2014.  I recently reinstalled Mozy Sync on a Windows computer and the default location was C:\Users\[your username]\Mozy Sync rather than C:\Users\[your username]\Sync

This is certainly minor but might be worth a KB article update.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(625)

@Wayward

Thank you for this feedback and we will need to investigate and update where needed. I'm also involved in the Knowledge Base side of things so we can get this updated quickly. 

Thanks again!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps