Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
sk8rmom4...

Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

how do i mirror my synch folder to a local folder on my pc?

Hello

lately I have been saving all my documents into my synch folder so I can access them all the time and on mobile too.

However, I would like to have my synch folder also mirrored on my local disk and back it up with my mozy backup. How do I do that? Tried to look for answers online but didn't find one.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

Re: how do i mirror my synch folder to a local folder on my pc?

@sk8rmom4ever - It doesn't look like you received an answer to your questions. Let me have a technician reach out to you right away! I do apologize for the delay. 

Have a great day!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
AngelinaS
(220)

@sk8rmom4ever   The Sync folder is coded so it cannot be selected for backup under the MozyHome settings.  Although they are not part of the backups, they are on the Mozy servers and have the same data retention policy as your backups.  If you were to get a new computer, all you would have to do is install the Sync software, enter your email address and password to link the computer to the account and the files that were under the Sync folder would download to the new computer.  If in the event files were deleted, you can restore the files but not in the same way as you do from your backups.  You can select the files you need to download and click the download button.  You cannot restore all files at once, but you can select files within a folder to download those before moving to the next folder.

Otherwise, you would need to copy the files that are in your Sync folder to a folder that is getting backed up.  This will ultimately cause your storage usage to grow faster because you are basically having it on the Mozy Servers twice:  once under the Sync folder, and once under your backups.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
sk8rmom4...

Warrior
(5)

@AngelinaS thank you. I have already done that and yes, I had to purchase extra storage space because my backup grew exponentially.

Is there a way that I can have my synch folder and my local document folder mirror each other? Right now I am saving my files in the synch folder and then manually copy the contents of the folder on my local disc to have it backup.

It would be a lot easier if I could save files locally and have them upload to the synch folder automatically. can this be done? am I missing something here?

thanks for you help 

0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

@sk8rmom4ever

It won't be possible to set the Sync folder as the documents folder to synchronize , however you could create a batch command file or .bat file that would moved anything out of the documents folder to the Sync folder.  There are quite a few ways to work around this through Windows but we don't have a feature that would allow this to work directly.

Here is a link to Microsoft's website regarding batch files: 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722477.aspx

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
sk8rmom4...

Warrior
(5)

@JaredG thanks. it wasn't the answer I was hoping for but I understand. Hopefully you will implement this feature soon. (like onedrive, iclouds etc)

0 Reps
PTNubs
(154)

@sk8rmom4ever

I personally don't foresee a feature to copy the contents of the Sync folder to another folder automatically.

Reason being, if you were using Sync and Mozy backup on the same computer, you would end up duplicating files on the Mozy servers, which would correlate to needing even more storage on the account to store the data.

The Sync was intended to share files between devices, not necessarily syncing files between folders.

You can suggest this type of functionality under the Mozy Community Idea Exchange.

Thank you for being part of our Mozy Community!

Peter M
Community Moderator
0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)
Solution

@sk8rmom4ever   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@sk8rmom4ever - If there are any additional questions we can help answer for you, please let us know. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forums!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps