Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
Highlighted
rlwagner
Cook
(3)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Why Is Sync Lagging

I've had sync running for many years on three computers. I work back and forth between them and until recently, whenever I saved a file and switched computers, the updated file was already on the other one. Worked perfectly. Less than a minute without fail.

Now, however, sometimes files won't sync for days. I'm about done paying for Mozy when I have to move files back and forth so much with a thumb drive. What's the POINT?

Is there a way to force a sync? Like, if I save a file, move to the other computer and it's not there, can I make that computer sync?

It's ridiculous that this has stopped working. Really.

Benjamin_C
(191)
Solution

Re: Why Is Sync Lagging

There is a way of forcing a sync via pausing and restarting the program:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Can-I-force-Mozy-Sync-to-look-for-updates-to-the-files-in...

If it is still having issues, you may need to update Mozy Sync:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-t-update-sync

L
et us know if this helps or if you have any further questions!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
JaredG
(654)

@rlwagner

Are you still having problems syncing, and were you able to follow Benjamin's recommendations?

You can force Sync to upload by right clicking on the Sync icon (in your system tray next to the time and date) and click "Pause" then right click the icon again and choose "Resume".

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(654)

@rlwagner

Were you able to test the "Pause" "Resume" action to start pushing new and changed data?

Let us know if that works.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ScottS1
(86)

@rlwagner

We haven't heard from you recently and will be marking this thread as resolved. If you have any other concerns, please reach out!

All the best,

Scott

Mozy Forum Moderator