Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
maloneto...

Sensei Level 1
(28)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Share files

May I share files from Synch with other users like my wife?
maloneto...

Sensei Level 1
(28)

Re: Share files

I want share my pictures or video
Tyler_W
(72)

@malonetony83 You can't share sync with multiple users. However if your wife's device is logged in under your user you will be able to share those files via sync. 

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(663)
Solution

malonetony83 wrote:
May I share files from Synch with other users like my wife?

@malonetony83 ... Concerning sharing of files (data or video) with others, @Tyler_W is absolutely on point.

The only way to share files is to have another user (your wife or others) install Mozy Sync using your account login credentials.  Anyone using a Mozy Sync installation with your account credentials has access to files in the Mozy Sync folder.  One important point is that no file should be opened on two or more computers at the same time.  The result could be file corruption

Personally, I use Mozy Sync to keep files in the Mozy Sync folder on a desktop computer and a notebook computer in sync.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
maloneto...

Sensei Level 1
(28)

So I will not be able send a link to download files to others yes? Is this a future feature
Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(663)

malonetony83 wrote:
So I will not be able send a link to download files to others yes? Is this a future feature

That is correct @malonetony83.  With Mozy Sync it is not possible to provide someone with a secure link for access to a specific file or folder. 

I know this has been a requested feature addition but someone from Mozy will need to provide you with an update on the request status.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@Wayward @malonetony83

There is already an open request from @Wayward on this very same subject. This is something that we have brought up with engineering before. @malonetony83 If this is a feature you are looking for, please add your feedback to the following post below. 

Share Mozy Sync File

The more feedback on this particular subject either from current or potential customers...the better!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
ShawnL
Community Manager
(488)

@malonetony83

Are there any additional questions we can help answer for you in regard to this thread? If so, please let us know in the comment section. 

If not, please mark the thread as resolved. 

Have a great night!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(470)

@malonetony83

It appears though this thread has a solution and I have marked the appropriate thread as so.  However I would like to clarify further how Mozy Sync works.  

When Mozy Sync is installed and linked to a user and any and all data that is placed into the Mozy Sync folder will be uploaded to the user's "Sync container" on our servers in the cloud.  Any other computers that have Sync installed may use the same user email and password to connect to the same "Sync container".  When this happens any other computers connected to the "Sync container" may make changes to all the files and add or remove files from the "Sync container".

In other words, any changes, additions, or removal of files in the Mozy Sync folder will push or upload those changes to the "Sync container" in the cloud.  All computers connected to the same "Sync container" will receive the changes in Mozy Sync folder on each computer so the data in each computers Sync folder is always the same.

I hope this post helps clarify how Mozy Sync works.

Please post any questions or comments.  

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support