Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Solved (Go to Solution)

Remove files from Sync

I do not want all the folders that are shown in my sync folder. How do I safely remove them from sync and not from my computer?

AngelinaS
(222)
Solution

Re: Remove files from Sync

@pearson40   While you can remove files from Sync from the web page or on the computer, you want to be cautious as to the linked folder.  When you installed Sync, did you keep the default settings, or did you select your personal user folder? If it is the latter, I recommend copying all files from within the Sync folder and paste them into a new folder on the desktop to ensure the files are not lost. Then uninstall the Mozy Sync software. Reboot the computer. Re-install but keep all default settings. Ensure all your files are still in the original location on your computer.  Then any files/folders you want to Sync to your other computers/mobile devices, you can move into the Sync folder, as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-t-add-to-sync-c

The reason you should not select your user folder to be the default Sync folder is because there are specific files/folders that constantly change as the programs are used.  While this is great for the data files you wish to sync with your other linked devices, this can cause issues with the ability to Sync files as well as use unnecessary storage space for those files relating to installed programs.  

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

Re: Remove files from Sync

@pearson40

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer for you in regard to Sync or any other Mozy products. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community forums!

Have a great day!

Shawn L.
Community Manager