Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Remove files from Sync

I do not want all the folders that are shown in my sync folder. How do I safely remove them from sync and not from my computer?

AngelinaS
(211)
Solution

Re: Remove files from Sync

@pearson40   While you can remove files from Sync from the web page or on the computer, you want to be cautious as to the linked folder.  When you installed Sync, did you keep the default settings, or did you select your personal user folder? If it is the latter, I recommend copying all files from within the Sync folder and paste them into a new folder on the desktop to ensure the files are not lost. Then uninstall the Mozy Sync software. Reboot the computer. Re-install but keep all default settings. Ensure all your files are still in the original location on your computer.  Then any files/folders you want to Sync to your other computers/mobile devices, you can move into the Sync folder, as per http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/mozy-t-add-to-sync-c

The reason you should not select your user folder to be the default Sync folder is because there are specific files/folders that constantly change as the programs are used.  While this is great for the data files you wish to sync with your other linked devices, this can cause issues with the ability to Sync files as well as use unnecessary storage space for those files relating to installed programs.  

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

ShawnL
Community Manager
(449)

Re: Remove files from Sync

@pearson40

Please let us know if there are any other questions we can help answer for you in regard to Sync or any other Mozy products. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community forums!

Have a great day!

Shawn L.
Community Manager