Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozySync crash on macOS Sierra

Running (or trying to run) Mozy Sync on a MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra 10.12.1.

Have used Mozy Sync with no issues for several months (and previously for years on an iMac). Now the Mozy Sync process just constantly restarts (recording crash reports to the User Reports folder). The only thing I can do to stop it is delete the Mozy Sync application. When I reinstall it then run it, it goes through the crash/restart cycle again.

I don't know for sure, but this may have started happening after I installed the macOS Sierra 10.2.1 update.

angelag
Community Manager
(657)

Re: MozySync crash on macOS Sierra

Hi @tnmozyusr,

If it started happening directly after you upgraded to Sierra, it could be caused by issues with your upgrade. However, you've already uninstalled/reinstalled on the machine, is that correct?

I'd need to see some logs to look into this further, so I'm going to create a case and send you an email that way to request them.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support

I have uninstalled/reinstalled MozySync to try and correct the issue.  Currently it is uninstalled.  Log file is on it's way.

Thank you!

ShawnL
Community Manager
(449)

@tnmozyusr - We received your logs and are currently looking into the issue. Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
angelag
Community Manager
(657)

@tnmozyusr,

Thanks for sending those logs. I've replied to your case today with some further requests for information. We've been looking into this and are awaiting your next response. Thanks so much!

Angela G.
PTNubs
(270)

@tnmozyusr

We have an open ticket with our Engineering team to address this issue. It appears to only affect computers that were 'upgraded' to MacOS 10.12.

You may continue to have this issue with Sync until a resolution is put into place.

Peter M
Community Moderator

That's fine. I've removed MozySync from my Mac for now as it was constantly restarting.

I've sent the current system log as requested. Let me know if I can provide any other information or do any other testing..

Thx

Eric L.

angelag
Community Manager
(657)

@tnmozyusr,

Thank you so much for helping us and sending all the documentation. I'll let you know as soon as I have found a successful resolution for you.

Angela G.
JaredG
(418)

@tnmozyusr

It appears that we are waiting on the engineers to get back to us on your case.  Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support

Let me know if I need to do any additional testing or provide any additional information.