Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Sync - very frustrating

Hi, Using MozyPro for business and whilst it usually runs alright on my iMac, on my MacBook it is a nightmare as the application starts to sync then crashes, comes back greyed out, starts to Sync then crashes. All the posts seem to get 1:1 treatment which means a thread is useless to anyone else. If Mozy want to keep my subscription, something needs to be done asap!! Log files not attached as it say the file is too large! Priceless 

And yes, I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Some of the instructions refer to using option on the menu icon to uncheck something but I only get a command option

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

Re: Mozy Sync - very frustrating

@Chefdestaux

I'm sorry for the frustration your having with Sync.  

I see that a new user was created on your account today and if you are attempting to use the new user rather than the existing user which has about 15 GBs already in cloud for Mozy Sync, then it's not going to work because the new user that was created has no data in it unless you are attempting to setup a separate Sync "container" for synchronizing a different set of computers from a different Sync "container".

If you log into Mozypro.com Admin Console and go to "search list users" found under the "Users" section on the left then you will see the two users on the account.  Again if you are attempting to synchronize the existing data from the original user then you will need to "unlink" the new user in the Sync settings/preferences and use the authenticate using the existing credentials from the original user.

I hope this is what you are talking about.  

Please post any other questions or clarify if what I'm seeing here is not the situation.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@Chefdestaux

Did my last post help in any way?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hello @Chefdestaux,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're frustrated. I show that you have a case open with David on our Support team currently. With an issue like this, the reason we would move a good majority of the troubleshooting to a one on one case in our Support system is that we do need to get personal information about your account and your log files, which we would never want you to post openly in a public forum like this for security reasons.

I would urge you to continue working with David through your case and reach out to us again if you have further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hello @Chefdestaux,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're frustrated. I show that you have a case open with David on our Support team currently. With an issue like this, the reason we would move a good majority of the troubleshooting to a one on one case in our Support system is that we do need to get personal information about your account and your log files, which we would never want you to post openly in a public forum like this for security reasons.

I would urge you to continue working with David through your case and reach out to us again if you have further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hello @Chefdestaux,

Angela G.

Angela

I've moved the data from the Sync folder, set up a new Sync folder in iCloud, and re-instaslled Sync on both Macs, and set MozyPro to back up the folder. I think therefore iCloud is doing the Sync, so I have worked round the issue but still have the benefit of MozyPro and local backups. So I've worked round the issue, rather than fixed it.

Cheers  

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

@Chefdestaux,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go to all of that trouble. I'm not entirely sure what you've done as a work around though, as Mozy does not recommend interacting with iCloud in anyway. Since they are two separate backups it can cause issues with each other. Also, the MozyPro backup software cannot backup the actual Sync folder for the Sync product, are you sure you're using Sync with it?

Angela G.
0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@Chefdestaux   I know you have setup a work around for the Sync issues you have been receiving, but I have a question for you.  What is the operating system that is installed on both Macs?

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
JaredG
(500)

@Chefdestaux

This problem may be coming from the latest version of the Mac OS Sierra.  Do you know if you are running OS Sierra?  If so then please let us know and we'll be able to help you fix the problem.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps