Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
skiggs
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Sync keeps crashing

After installing Mozy Sync on a Windows 8.1 64 bit PC, it launches the program but crashes immediately.  I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I tried running in compatibility mode, doing a fresh uninstall and install, and restarting the PC and doing a fresh install with no luck.

It states "Mozy Sync has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Please help!  Thanks.

Benjamin_C
(104)

Re: Mozy Sync keeps crashing

I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried installing sync with Admin Credentials? (As in right click the install file and click 'run as administrator'). 

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(194)

@skiggs   I have seen this issue twice before.  It is caused by 3rd party software blocking the Sync from installing.  Usually a .dll file.  You can review the Windows Event Viewer to help identify the issue.  This issue will need to be resolved before MozySync can be installed.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)
Solution

@skiggs

Thank you for the screen shot.  I have done some research with AngelinaS and have a possible quick fix to this issue.  

I have created a case for you and have sent an email with instructions.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Tyler_W
(72)

@skiggs

Did @JaredG's fix work for you?

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
AngelinaS
(194)

@skiggs    Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(384)

@skiggs 

Once you are able to test the instructions I sent from the case created, I'll follow up on this post with the results.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support