Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
cooleyc
Warrior
(4)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Sync Not Uploading Files from Android

I have the Mozy App on my Samsung S7 Edge, and it can see files online.  However, it will not automatically or manually upload pictures.  I can choose pictures to share with Mozy and go through the motions of selecting a target folder, but it doesn't do it.  There are no errors reported.

Benjamin_C
(120)

Re: Mozy Sync Not Uploading Files from Android

That is quite odd. First, what version of android are you using? Second, I would try these steps:

1: Uninstall the Mozy App

2: Make sure the device is fully up to date

3: Restart the device

4: Re-install the Mozy app

5: Test. 

Let us know what happens!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(222)

@cooleyc    Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

cooleyc
Warrior
(4)

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the mobile app to no avail.  My phone is on the latest supported release (not rooted).

JaredG
(470)

Some of the new Android OS updates may have caused this feature break and Mozy may not be open in the background.

Even though you've stated that both manual or automatic uploads are not working, but for the sake of testing could you open the Mozy app and make sure that your signed in and in the settings enable automatic uploads if it's not already and while the Mozy app is left open go to your camera and take a picture.

On some Android devices Mozy may not be actually running in the background when closed, so the test here is to see if automatic uploads will work while the Mozy app is still open.

Let us know if the picture uploads while the Mozy opp is still open and please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
crissh
Warrior
(3)

I am having the same problem on the Galaxy S5.  Just installed Mozy Mobile, logged in, adjusted settings to auto upload photos, tried taking a picture but didn't upload, tried manual upload but didn't upload.  Mozy Mobile was still open and logged in while I was doing all this.  I was able to create a new folder in Mozy Sync when trying to manually upload a photo but the photo itself did not upload.

cooleyc
Warrior
(4)

Actually, I can't find settings in the app! What should it look like?
PTNubs
(271)

@crissh

We have some individuals internally trying to reproduce this issue and work to find a cause for the scenario.

Please be patient with use as we investigate your concern.

@cooleyc

To find the Settings for your mobile app, please tap Menu, then tap Settings.

The Settings will be the 3 dots icon you see below:

1.png

Peter M
Community Moderator
PTNubs
(271)

@cooleyc and @crissh

We are still trying to get more information about this issue.

We thank you for your patience.

Peter M
Community Moderator
AngelinaS
(222)

@crissh   @cooleyc   Good news!  The mystery with the missing settings has been solved.  It appears with new Android operating system, the Mozy Mobile app does not have the settings visible.  I have an LG G5 that I too could not find the settings.  While attempting to respond to your inquiry, I worked with my Android and finally found it.  

1.  press and hold the square icon located at the bottom right
2.  a Help and Settings icon will appear. press the Settings icon
3.  This opens the Mobile App settings where you can create a Passcode, change the passcode, set how your files upload, etc
4.  To set the Automatic upload of your photos, click on Upload Settings
5.  Here you can select the desired Upload Method and Automatic Upload
6.  To get back to the Mozy app starting screen, press and hold the square, then click My Mozy.

A knowledge base article is being written to include screen shots of each step.  I will be happy to post it in this thread once it has been added to support.mozy.com.

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie