Labels
Tomster2
Student
(0)

Invalid credentials

I logged into Mozy Home, downloaded the Stash Beta, and then installed it on my PC.  As part of the setup procedure, I am asked to provide my account credentials.

I enter the same credientials I used to log into my Mozy home account... and it tells me "Invalid credentials.  Re-enter your account information and try again."

I logged out of my mozy account... tried again.  Same result.  Logged back into my mozy account... logged in fine.  I use the same credentials for the stash account... I get the invalid credentials message again. 

Suggestions?

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Re: Invalid credentials

Hey, Tomster2:

That's odd. Do you happen to have a MozyPro account with the same credentials?

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Tomster2
Student
(0)

We have a mozy home and mozy pro account... login email for both is the same, passwords are different.

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Tomster2:

Okay. That information is very helpful.

Normally when two accounts have the same email address, Stash authenticates to whichever account's password works. When both are the same, Stash prompts you to change one of the accounts' passwords so it can disambiguate the two accounts. (Yes, I just wanted to use a fancy word I learned from Wikipedia.)

In Stash 0.13, we changed some of the underlying mechanics of Stash authentication to add support for Active Directory. That might have broken something.  I'll have Stash QA run a test to see and be back to you shortly.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Ted_Haeger
(256)

Tomster2:

So much for "shortly." My apologies for the delay in getting back.

We have been trying to replicate the problem that you reported and we're just not able to do so. Our lead developer Andrew tells me that we need to get your Stash log files. Since you cannot log in, we can't use the "Collect Logs" feature. So...

1. Find the file C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Local\Stash\Stash.log
  2. Send the file to stashbeta-support@mozy.com, and include the link for this forums thread

Thanks for your help (and patience) on this,

Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Tomster2
Student
(0)

I ended up going the account and changing the email address, so they were different. 

Not convenient as we would like but it worked.

That machine is out of town, not sure when I will access to the log files.

Tomster2