Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
ScottMc101
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Feature Request: Allow users to select folders to sync from there already backed up folders

Business Case: As a business user already using Mozy, I do not want to have to create ANOTHER sync folder (we alreayd have one for dropbox, ms drive, apple drive, and everybody else that insists on using cloud storage).  The purpose in our case for Mozy Sync is to allow simultaneous users access to certain files which we wish to "sync" across all users.

For example: Folder A is stored on a server which is already backed up by mozy.  That server includes a master folder called "Company Docs" which has folders for "Sales", "Marketing", and "Support".  All of which are backed up by MozyPro.  The sales team needs to have Folder A (which is inside the "Sales" folder) synced across several laptops.  It would be nice if there was an easy way to right-click that folder and say something like "Sync to Sales".  In addition, the "Marketing" team might have folder B which they need synced across their systems.  

An added bonus would be the ability to specify syncs as "read-only" so that sales people (for example) would only be able to read certain files, but not modify them.

We are aware that other solutions exist for this but the argument is that "if i have to use another service (i.e. dropbox)" then why do I need Mozy?  Additionally, corporate users do not want to have a separate "sync" folder because it interrups the normal flow of business (i.e. how they organize their servers).

Note: This is a MAJOR NEED, especially for remote users who are always on the go and never in the office; especially now that everything is moving to the cloud.

Techalder
Employee
(206)
Solution

Re: Feature Request: Allow users to select folders to sync from there already backed up folders

Can you take your idea and go here?

http://community.mozy.com/

and go to the Idea Exchange area and post there?

Our dev folks watch that very closely and they are always looking for the next "killer app" sort of thing.

Hope this helps, 

Tech  :-)