Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
trinity8
Warrior
(6)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Error message on sync: disabled for this account??

I have downloaded sync to my windows 10 desktop. When I sign in and click on Link Computer I get an error message - see image attached. It reads: 

Sync is disabled for this account. Log in to your account to enable sync and then try again. 

My question: how do I enable sync. I can't find anywhere that allows me to do that. 

I have only 1 computer on my mozy account. 

Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(689)

Re: Error message on sync: disabled for this account??

@trinity8 ...

This article concerning the procedure to enable sync for users in your Account will probably help ...

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-enable-sync-for-Users-in-my-Admin-Console

Basically, you need to enable sync for your additional Windows 10 computer. If I remember correctly, you need to login to the original computer and enable the second computer.  Hope this helps.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
trinity8
Warrior
(6)
Solution

I only have one computer on my account. I did have a previous computer but I've deleted it from my account as I don't use it anymore. 

Also, that help page left me floundering at step 1 with this instruction: 

Verify that sync has been enabled in your account by clicking on your Company name below Dashboard/Support/Log Out

clicking on my company name ----- where? on my cat's forehead? on my tv remote? I can't find anything that resembles 'Dashboard/Support/Logout' so I'm left a tad bewildered as to how to proceed. 

Actually, I think I figured it out. If I log on and click on my company name in top right hand corner > manage account > my computer I get a list which includes my one single computer and then underneath is Synch. It was showing up as UNDELETE so I clicked on that and it now says ACCESS FILES | DELETE so I assume that means it's now enabled. 

thx wayward, for taking the time to help. 

Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(689)

Glad you got it @trinity8 ... and you didn't have to deal with your cat's forehead or the TV remote.  The nomenclature seems to have changed a bit since the Knowledge Base article was written ... hope this solves the issue of adding a second computer to Sync.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

@Wayward - Thank you for your assistance on this thread!

@trinity8 - I'm happy to see that your Sync question has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about Sync of anything else related to your Mozy account and our community members will be happy to assist!

Thank you using the Mozy forum!

Shawn

Shawn L.
Community Manager
trinity8
Warrior
(6)

@ShawnLdid you notice my comment about the page in the knowledge base? Its not at all helpful.
ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

@trinity8 - Thank you for responding. 

The article linked is more directed towards MozyPro admins enabling Sync for users on their account. It looks like you have a MozyHome account instead and MozyHome should be enabled by default. If you had to go into your account and undelete Sync, then this tells me Sync was disabled on your account at some point previously and just needed to reactivated. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to help. I can also create a support ticket for you if you would like to delve into this issue deeper. 

Thanks!

Shawn L.
Community Manager