Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
libove
Assassin
(7)
Solved (Go to Solution)

.EML file

I have one .EML file (an exported Outlook email message) which MozySync cannot sync. I get repeated pop-up notifications from the task tray (screenshot attached) saying: "Failed to upload Path To\File Folder\file_name.eml".

Accessing the Sync'd files through the Mozy Sync website, I see that this file has never been sync'd.

Three other .EML files in that same directory are successfully sync'd.

Is there anything special about .EML files which would block them from syncing? My theory is that IFF an .EML file were open in Outlook, then it might be file-locked so that Mozy Sync couldn't access it, but this has persisted across reboots and periods of time when Outlook is not running, so that does not seem to be the case.

Where do I even see a proper error log to learn why Mozy Sync can't sync the file?

thank you,

*****Removed attachment****

Julius
(154)

Re: .EML file

@libove

I sent you a private message. Please respond to that and we'll go from there. Thank you.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
libove
Assassin
(7)

Replied in PM. Sorry for the confusion - I use one email address for community discussions, and another for my Mozy Sync.

Julius
(154)
Solution

Thank you for @libove for your response. The file .eml file in question is already on Mozy servers. It's possible that  the issue could be permissions on the file inherited from where the file was created. It could be a problem with the file itself.

First verify on the computer that you're getting error  that the file does not exist on the Mozy folder the file does not exit on that computer, go to one of your other computer(s) that has the file ( at least one machine will have it because the file is online).  When you locate the file remove it from the Sync folder and place it somewhere else on your computer. This will trigger a deletion of this file from our servers. Once the fie has been deleted put it back in the Sync folder and all your  machines should sync the file. Let me know if that helps.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
libove
Assassin
(7)

Moving the un-syncable file out of the Mozy sync folder, waiting a bit, and then copying it back, did resolve the problem.

Still, where are the log files to allow diagnosing this sort of thing? Repeated pop-up notifications that "it didn't work" aren't enough.

thank you.

Julius
(154)

@liboveI'm glad to hear that your issue was resolved. This KB has information on where to find Mozy sync logs.

Mozy Support Engineer
libove
Assassin
(7)

Julius, how may I submit these logs to you, so that Mozy will analyse why this problem occurred, with an eye to 1. preventing it in future, and 2. better error reporting in real time to the user when it does happen so the user is better able to identify and respond to the issue?

thank you,

Julius
(154)

@libove

You may upload the log file to the thread the same way you uploaded the file with the error message.

Mozy Support Engineer